[1] A Bedside Demon

Akaza POV -

"I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU COWARD!!!"

The hanafuda earing brats yelling is starting to piss me off, it's like the bastard doesn't understand he's not the one I'm running from. I rush deeper into the forest as the sun creeps up on me, illuminating the forest floor.

"WE DEMON SLAYERS FIGHT YOU IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT WHEN YOU HAVE THE ADVANTAGE!!! FIGHT ME, YOU BASTARD!! YOU'RE A COWARD!! A COWARD!"

I'm getting ready to jump into a tree when I hear a whoos by my ear, followed by something warm dripping down my cheek. I watch as the brat's sword zips ahead of me, stabbing into a tree.

"MR. RENGOKU IS STRONGER THAN YOULL EVER HOPE TO BE! MUCH STRONGER!!'

I reach up to my cheek to feel where the brat's sword cut my cheek, in the time it takes me to turn around to face him it's already healed. "Moron." I mumble, glaring at him. Idiot really just threw away his only defense. If I really wanted to, I could take him out in a matter of seconds.

"YOU DIDN'T WIN AGAINST HIM!! HE KEPT EVERYONE HERE SAFE!! HE FOUGHT TO THE VERY END SO NO ONE WOULD DIE!!"

"YOU'RE THE ONE WHO LOST!! RENGOKU..." He meets my eyes with a murderous glare. His hands are balled up into fists by his side and his cheeks are tear-stained from all the pathetic crying he's doing, "HE'S THE TRUE VICTOR!!!"

We stand there staring at each other for a few moments before I flip him off and jump up onto a tree branch. I climb a bit more before looking back, my heart skips a beat. The brat sits on the ground in front of Kyojiro. I watch Kyojiro's lips moving but can't hear any of the words he says. He's weak, he's bleeding, he's dying, but he still manages to wear the brightest smile on his face.

I continue to watch, unable to tear my gaze away from his breathtaking smile. Then, he stops moving. My heart sinks as I resist my urge to jump out of the tree and run to him. If he had just agreed to become a demon this wouldn't have happened damnnit! I run my hands through my hair, He would have been so strong! we could have fought together for eternity, "What a waste..." I grumble before disappearing into the woods as a knot forms in the pit of my stomach.

__________________________________________________

"Kyojuro," I study his sleeping face, he looks so calm. I sit criss-cross on the floor next to him, leaning my head on the bed by his side. I found out that shortly after I disappeared into the woods, checker-prints crow brought more corps members to try and save Kojuro. They brought him back to the Demon Slayer HQ and even brought in that Lady Tamayo traitor to help.

"That woman is an embarrassment. A disgrace. The master blessed her with such a beautiful opportunity yet she wastes it to help meer humans!" I pick lint off of the bedsheet as I rant to Kyojuro. I know he can't respond to what I'm saying, or even hear me at that, but there's just something about being close to him. It causes a weird feeling in my stomach that I can't quite describe, but it's a feeling that I would do almost anything to feel again.

that's probably why I've been visiting him for the past 2 1/2 months.

He's been asleep for nearly 3 months now. I'm honestly amazed that's he's even able to recover after  I quite literally turned his chest into a donut with my fist. If it was anyone else they would have undoubtedly died.

"To think that the same people so determined to rid this world of demons are now working with them! First the box girl and now a damn medic and her damn side piece! All he does is drool over her and yell!" I smash my face into the mattress. "there good for nothing traitors!"

"says the same man whos been repeatedly sneaking into the Demon Slayer Head Quarters for the past 2 months." I whip my head around. Lady Tamayo calmly walks into the room holding a tray of Kyojuros medication. I shoot her a nasty glare, my eyes following her as she makes her way to the bed.

"I could kill you right now, you know that?" I spit. Its an empty threat, I would never harm a woman but she doesn't know that, "Your a despicable trai-"

"Traitor, I know. I also know that you won't kill me." Her voice is calm as she sets the tray on the nightstand and proceeds to give Kyogiro his medication. I open my mouth to speak but she starts talking before I can, "Number one, I'm the only one with the means to save Rengoku. If I die then so does he. I'm sure you wouldn't want that. Secondly, if you kill me it blows your cover. You wouldn't be able to visit him every day, or sit by his bedside anymore."

Im glaring daggers at this point but she still seems unfazed. Its really pissing me off.

"Lastly," her eyes meet mine, "You've had ample opportunities to kill everyone here. You found out how to infiltrate the Demon Slayer Head Quarters yet you haven't done anything to weaken them, or shared anything with the other upper moons." She picks up the tray and heads back to the door, "I'm clearly not the only trailer here. And don't worry, I won't tell anyone about you as long as you don't do anything stupid to warrant it, Akaza."

Idk if this is good but ima post it anyway.
Have a good night you beautiful people :)