IT'S TOO LATE

She didn't know that it is going to be the last time they see each other. He hugged her as if he never want to let her go. She looked up at him and searched for the words she wanted to hear in his sapphire eyes, but he was always successful in hiding it, damaging her very soul once again. A tear rolled down her cheek and he turned away. Touched by raw emotions once again he hugged her and she wept burying her face into his chest.

*******

MARCH 18, 2013.

It would have been a normal evening if she haven't received that message in Facebook.

"Hi. Thanks for the add. May I know who this is?"

She knew that it is inappropriate but she couldn't resist an urgent release of butterflies into her intestine because he is the only person who stole her heart in one split second.

"Hi. You may know me if you remember your visit to your native place last year." She sent her carefully edited and million times reconsidered reply.

There came another message quite immediately surprising her.

"Okay. Yeah... I do. Wait... lemme check if my guess is correct. Accept my skype request."

She couldn't hide her goofy grin right in middle of that class and got a "get out" from that stern professor.

But to her disappointment, he didn't call. After referring some books in the library for the upcoming test and constantly checking her iPad for any missed calls, she left to her room.

Finally the much awaited ringtone disturbed her sleep and she lost her sleep for a lifetime after that call.

His guess was right and her happiness knew no bounds. That friendship was something which both of them knew,right from the beginning, that it was not meant to be just friendship even though they also knew that it's dangerous to go beyond that limit.

Every night at 10 pm, he calls to tell her about his day. They became two people who knew each other like knowing themselves. He knew she likes the sound of the rain against the window and she knew he loves driving the highway late at night, wind gently ruffling his hair. He knew that she is allergic to dust and she knew that he is haemophobic. He knew she loves pasta and she knew that he hates biryani. He knew she never wears make up and she knew that he likes it that way. There was no topic left untouched except love, which was always there right from the beginning.

After 3 months of so much longing and teasing, after many more sleep deprived nights which continued into morning with both of them on phone, he proposed. And she felt the heavens float under her feet.

The casual calls became intimate and the flirty texts became feelings.

He changed her every boring day into something electrifying just with a text and she made his every hectic day into something meaningful and lively with just a 'hello'.

They became two inseparable souls separated only by distance. But even the 2385 km failed to disturb their love even in the most insignificant way.

AUGUST 9, 2013.

He came all the way to meet her.

She, in his favorite blue denim and pink t-shirt and he, who prefers t-shirt, in shirt just for her. In a busy mall, they met for the first time after 8 years and time made no sense anymore.

They had breakfast in McD and for the first time she found herself at loss of words with him. He understood and kept talking to make her feel comfortable. In the escalator he held her hand for the first time in pretext of helping her. They shopped like man and his lady; she choosing his shirts and he waited holding her handbag when she went to the ladies room. There was no awkward moments and unwanted silence. It was like they were never apart and lived their life together so far. She thought maybe that's how soulmates feel with each other. He was that missing part she kept searching for,in the puzzle called life.