Ch. 1

Gracie POV 

I was in the stables feeding Thunder a apple. Thunder is my best friend. I saved him. He was in trouble and I rescued him. 

My intentions were to let him go let him be free. 

But on his own will He came home with us. 

Thunder is a Stallion a Mustang all black except for a very tiny diamond shape just above his eyes. 

He chewed on the apple. as I petted his nose. 

I am the youngest out of all my siblings the age difference is crazy. 

I never really met my mom but daddy does tell me stories every now and then.

Suddenly I hear the barn door open. and Rip walks in. 

"Gracie there you are." He said walking towards me. 

"What have we told you?" He said kneeling in front of me

"Well umm Technically I didn't disobey I'm still inside." I said smiling 

"Don't be cute." He said 

"I was just feeding thunder." I said smiling as Rip took my hand. 

"Yes. But as Your dad has told you. And Lee and Me. you shouldn't be alone." He said 

"It's been two years now. you think he would get over that.." I mumbled 

You see two years ago. when I rescued Thunder. some horse poachers were stealing horses off of our land. 

Sure we have our own horses but we also have wild horses that roam and are protected. 

Daddy and the cowboys were no where to be found and I seen them from my room seeing them chase Thunder. 

Now for a couple of weeks I was sneaking off earning Thunders trust. 

I ran to the stalls and saddled up on Trotter and ran to save Thunder. Running past some of the boys working and Rip. 

I was so focused I didn't hear him call me. 

But just as one of the poachers was about to rope Thunder I rammed into one of them causing the man to fall off the horse. 

"Thunder Run!" I hear my words echo in my head. 

Thunder ran and I ran next to him. the poachers not far behind and I jumped from Trotter to Thunder passing Daddy and Lee. 

But I rescued Thunder . But ever since then Daddy has me on constant supervision. 

"What do you expect? You jumped from a running horse to another Running horse. you were only five you could have been seriously injured." Rip said 

I shrugged 

"I was doing what I thought was the right thing." I said looking up at Rip 

He stopped looking down at me. 

"But you could have been killed." He said looking down at me as he held my small hand in his large calloused hands. 

"But Lloyed said it was some real riding." I said smiling up at Rip 

"Of course he did. Lloyed is a old timer I wouldn't take what he says to seriously." Rip said 

"He's your friend and you say that." I said giggling 

"Alright come on young lady your dad is looking for you." He said leading me to the house.