XIX

Omniscient

N'laisah laces up her black Air Forces and pulls on her ski mask.

She drives to Moneyman and Shuana's house. She parks around the corner and walks to the front.

Crouching in the bushes by the window, she plots her next move.

Meanwhile Shuana and Moneyman were laughing and talking in the livingroom.

They decided to work on their relationship and have a night just to themselves.

They conversate and laugh, enjoying themselves, not knowing it would be their last moments.

N'laisah goes around and knocks on their backdoor. She creeps around the corner waiting for an answer.

Moneyman opens the door and looks around, not seeing anyone.

She runs around the corner and hits him on the side of the head with her gun, making him stumble backwards.

He screams, alerting Shuana. She jumps up from the couch and runs towards her husband's screams like a dumbass.

She reaches the back door and freezes at the sight of her husband being shot in the head.

N'laisah pulls down her mask, letting Shuana know who took everything from her.

Tears blur Shuana's vision as she looks at her husband's murder, the same one who destroyed their relationship.

The woman he cheated on her with, the woman who humiliated her on more than several occasions, her competition since high school, the woman she hated more than anyone in the world.

"You one crazy bitch." She says with pent up anger in her voice.

"On gang." N'laisah nods in agreement. She smiles at Shuana before pulling the trigger. She pulls her mask back up before running to her car.

She speeds off back to her house. She takes off her ski mask and forces and she walks in.

She goes and cleans the gunpowder off her hands before disassembling and cleaning her gun.

She undresses and gets in her bed.

The events of earlier cloud her mind. Seeing the footage of her mother being shot 6 times, affected her more than she cared to admit.

Her father's execution date comes to mind as well.

In just a week, she'll be completely alone in this word, as the two people who brought her in it, will no longer be here.

Amari Christian Walton
Monroe, Louisiana
The Next Day

"When he come out from his mom house you kidnap him, don't kill him. Kidnap him." I tell 2 of my workers.

They nod and leave.

Devonte tryna kill N'laisah ain't gone fly wit me. He not getting away with that.

Speaking of N'laisah, where her fine ass at?

I call her and it goes to voicemail, I call again and it goes to voicemail again.

I start driving over there cuz if you call her more than twice in a row, she'a block you.

I learned my lesson last time so I go knock on her door.

She doesn't answer the door when she doesn't know who it is either so I smack my teeth.

Wifey 👰🏾‍♀️💍