Heartfelt Hotel

Lucifer's Estate

"...And that's why I have decided to make my hotel!" Charlie Magne exclaimed, presenting a sizable piece of paper that was held up by an easel. Written on it was a rough sketch that depicted the happy hotel along with doodles of demons ascending into heaven. A scintillating smile displayed on her visage, waving her hands in an enthusiastic manner. Despite her chipper demeanor, it didn't seem to bode well with her audience for uneasy silence and a disapproving glare was the only response given to her.

Seated before the princess was her parents, both of whom were subjected to Charlie's supposed plan to redeem sinners with the hotel that she had acquired. Lilith did make an honest attempt at keeping a fake smile but it was clear her attempts were beginning to falter. Lucifer, however, didn't hide his disdain towards the project. His face was molded into a bitter scowl, if looks could kill then poor Charlie would've been dead on the spot. Hell's Princess struggled to keep her jubilant air going, a cold sweat running down the nape of her neck.

"Um... Any questions or comments?..." Charlie sheepishly inquired with a slight giggle, nervously awaiting the harsh criticism of her parents. Lilith glanced at the floor, pursing her lips and letting out a whistle, trying to think of a response that wouldn't come off as too harsh.

"Well, the jingle was rather nice. W-wouldn't agree, Luci?" Lilith said, turning to Lucifer, who still bore his unimpressed frown. The Fallen Angel took a deep breath and sighed, folding his arms and closing his eyes.

"Charolette. My dearest girl, I love you-"

"I-I love you too dad! I know this does seem a little untraditional but I'm sure you could-" Charlie interrupted her father, only to be silenced when he raised his hand, cueing the princess to seal her lips.

"-I wasn't finished," Lucifer stated in a stringent tone. "...I love you but I do not see this idea working in any way, shape, or form."

"Lucifer!" Lilith scolded, standing up for her daughter.

"Lilith, what else do you want me to say? This plan is downright ridiculous!" The King of Hell decried, rising up from his seat. "You really think these sinners are worth redeeming? Bah! They came to Hell for a reason and they will be punished and dealt with accordingly!"

"But dad, can't you see? Every year, I have to live with the notion that not just my people, but YOUR people as well, are horrifically butchered by the exterminators." Charlie explained in hopes of getting through to her father.

"I'm well aware of Hell's overpopulation crisis but do you really think senseless violence is the only solution?!" The hotel owner continued with her claim.

"Apple of my eye, you and I both know that this is the only way. Redemption is but a mere afterthought, all these sinners are beyond help!" Lucifer retorted, taking a step forward towards Charlie.

"Tell me, Charlie, are you going to look at every bloody crook, murderer, rapist, pedophile, or... whatever sort of damned creature that's dispelled here and say that they're worth redeeming!" The Fallen Angel said, now standing just two feet away from his daughter.

"Well, what makes you think that they're undeserving of a chance. What about the ones who want to be redeemed!? Have you given them any thought?!" Hell's Princess fought back with her own statement, garnering a growl from the king.

"...Perhaps you're misguided so allow me to reiterate. The life of a person dictates where they go after death, heaven is where the good people go and hell is where the bad people go. It's basic math." Lucifer explained with a hint of aggression in his voice, one that intimidated his daughter.