Toes of the Wild

The sun shone on the peaceful land on earth. It also shone on Link, who was preparing to do a skydive. He wore clothing similar to that of Hercules, got his right arm Tetris'd, and had Tetris marks on the right side of his front and back. He could punch walls with his glowing green arm. He also wore gladiator sandals that didn't dare to hide and squeeze his cute little toes. Link took a leap of faith. This could mean one thing. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

His feet were not on the floating platform anymore, and his blonde hair danced to the increasing speed of the fall. His clothes danced along. Link spread his arms and legs, smiling to the feeling of the cool air pressing gently on them and on his toes, which were drenched in sweat due to him wearing his sandals for hours. I bet they would like to have a fun time resting in the water, chilling and wiggling.

A few seconds later, 5 rock-like creatures caught his eyes. They were on the clouds jumping for joy and greeting Link. He greeted them back. 10 seconds later, he saw another 5 of the jumping rock creatures. Then he noticed that the land was getting bigger, but that was because he was approaching closer to the ground. To decrease the falling speed, he activated the slow mode using his glowing green arm. It was now the speed of a snail. He gracefully landed on the ground on pointe.

Link looked at the clouds, at the trees, at the grass, at the flowers, and finally at his toes. He liked smiling at the smallest things on earth.

"Toes," he happily spoke.

He loved wiggling these digits on his feet because his toes were like comfort friends to him, and that meant a lot to him. Just then, a voice reached Link's pointy ears.

"Hello, Link!"

His ears pointed up to the sky. A woman with long yellow hair and blue eyes was wearing sandals and a white clothing. The woman's smile brightened her face.

"Hi, Zelda!"

"You're wiggling your toesies. I like doing that!"

"Toes are fun!"

"Awww, you're my favorite friend! I don't think I can forget that. We should rest our feet in the water, then we'll walk on the land barefoot."

So they went to a fresh lake, took their sandals off, dipped their toes in, and rested their feet there. They closed their eyes, wiggled their toes in the water, and thought of happy thoughts. It just feels so good, they thought.

"It's pretty relaxing, isn't it, Link?"

"Yep."

"Glad to hear it. I'm thankful that I have 5 toes on my foot and not one toe. Also, the plural word 'toes' sounds more musical to the ears."

"Toe-tally."

"Smiles. Heh heh heh heh! Okay, resting's over."

It was time for their feet to touch the land again. The land that was blessed with grass, trees, and flowers. Link and Zelda left their sandals by the lake and walked barefoot together. A rock caught their attention. What could Link do?

"Watch this."

The answer was revealed: Link picked up the rock with his toes. There are a limited amount of things that human toes can grab. Pens, socks, rocks and marbles to name a few.

"Well done, Link! Your toe muscles would like to get some exercise. Thankfully, I have a bucket that can be used for storing rocks. But for now, I want to see more of your toe skills."

"I'll see what I can do."

He lifted his big toe off the ground, then put it down after a few seconds. Next, he lifted his other four toes up, then put them down. He did the same for the left foot. After the toe lifts, Link walked on his tiptoes and had no chance of losing balance.

"Wow, they're so talented!"

"Thank you!"

"Hey Link, how does the grass feel under your feet?"

"So good."

"Same thing, my baby. Let's head off to the beach and get a sandy experience."

Thankfully, the beach wasn't too far away. Link and Zelda did get a sandy experience after all, and they smiled at each other. The ocean waves sounded like gentle-to-the-ears TV static, and the seagulls flew without attacking each other.

"I'll never forget the good feeling of sand between my little toes," Link chuckled.

"Me too." Zelda agreed, looking at the art-tastic view of the sky.