School - 1

My books are slightly unhinged and the male lead is a lot if you don't like that just don't read this I will mute you if you say rude stuff. these are written poorly

Hazel

Sitting in the uncomfortable leather couch I tried to distract my anxiety that flowered in my stomach as I played with my skirt. My leg nervously bounced as I sat in the principals' office. She had called me down to her office 30min ago. I expected her to yell or something but instead all she did was sit there and stare at me as she clicked her pen.

At first it didn't bother me. It seemed almost like she was sizing me up waiting for me to break and admit to doing something bad within school but I had nothing to admit to.

Finally I watched as she licked over her lips before leaning back in her chair.

"Miss Armelie do you know why I called you here?" She finally said, clicking her pen once more before putting it down.

I stared at her blankly wanting to say 'If I did do you think I would have sat here for almost 20min not speaking?' Keeping my thoughts to myself I simply shook my head.

Cleaning my sweat slicked hands off on my skirt i interlocked them as I held them in my lap.

She sighed rubbing her hands together. I watched as she looked up at me with pity in her eyes.

"It's about your scholarship." She licked her lips as she quickly adjusted the glasses on her nose.

My stomach churned as I noticed an unsightly white film forming at the side of her mouth.

"Mr. Thompson the man who was sponsoring you had to pull back." She rubbed her neck looking away from me.

To distracted by the unsightly film on the side of her mouth I almost didn't catch what she said.

"Excuse me?" I asked as my heart fell from my chest. I must have misheard her.

"Your sponsor he's pulled out." She sighed.

My face dropped as I stared at her. Mr. Thompson was an art director in the city. He told me he saw something in me which is why he chose to sponsor me in the scholarship program.

Sure it wasn't my dream career but he was the only sponsor that had reached out and I had taken his offer almost immediately.

"W-why?" I fumbled out, my leg bouncing ten times quicker.

"He's relocating to Italy so he won't be sponsoring people here anymore. I truly am sorry." She slid a paper towards me.

Grabbing it I let out a shaky breath. It was a form to drop out of school. All it needed was my signature.

My mind raced as I stared at the form. This was so unfair. I had lived up to every single word that the contract i was given before getting this scholarship had asked me to.

I never asked for more money or complained. Art wasn't even my dream career but I still went above and beyond for it just to please him.

It's not fair to kick me out of school just because of his life choice.

"Mrs. Lansen please give me his contact information if I could just speak with him I'm sure I could work something out." I begged, leaning forward.