Chapter 1 - New Beginning

Author Note: Hello, this is the author here with a little note. Before you start reading I hope you guys check out this little note, or maybe you'll just ignore it and just read, lol. Seriously though, thank you for checking out this fanfic I made. It greatly warms my heart that you the reader are giving it a chance. I really liked Sound!Euphonium, honestly it was a really good anime and I was quite shocked to see the lack of both fanfic's and OC fanfics. So here we go, the story of Dante.

This isn't a power fantasy or harem story. I wanted to make an OC of a young troubled youth getting a second chance in a Japanese boarding school. Likewise there will be canon divergences, for example the setting of the story completely differs from the anime/LN in which Dante and the Sound!Euphonium cast attend a boarding school in the countryside rather than a standard high school. A story in which said troubled youth could find love, friends, and bump his head. I wanted to test my hand in writing a story in a high school setting, likewise with drama inside of it. I've always been a big fan of books like "Looking for Alaska" and Manga like "Boy's Abyss" which delve into both the mental and emotional parts of being a teenager.

I wanted to test my hand with this story in writing a drama and I hope you guys stick with me during this process. Thank you guys for reading this little authors note. Please remember to follow, favorite, and review because it greatly helps with my motivation in writing more chapters and helps me interact with readers. Once again have a great and awesome day.

Chapter 1

Brilliant sprays of ocean water clashed along the hem of the metal ship. Dousing it in its brilliant green and light blue allure. The hum of the rain clattered along the deck as the ship rocked steadily around. Pushing through the rough tumult of waves as they made their way through the storm.

Cracks of lightning broke through the dark sky, brightening the sky in distinct shards of purple. The creak of a door stirred through the air. The captain, a small man that drove this vessel through the heavy night made his way onto the deck.

Small stature, a roundish face...but it was his deep green eyes. Hollowed in and carved from the sands itself, rough. Years at sea, too long away from land would do something to such a man. His eyes hovered as those dark green orbs pushed through the veils of rain.

They fixated on something, a boy. His hands clenched along the base of the banister, the only thing separating him from the grasp of death of the ocean. His face ahead as it fixated at both the water and the storm.

The old sailor looked at him for a second longer. Eyes that felt, strange. The way he stared into the storm and into the ocean, almost like one was trying to comprehend the vastness of it all. Yet, for a singular man to even imagine such a thing...to even try to understand something so great, would truly be mad.

"Boy, you've got a dangerous gleam in your eyes..."

The sailor parted his lips as he spoke those words. His throat rasped from the cold air as it drew the young man's attention. A teenager, as the sailor's eyes traced along his frame, he began to get a clear look at who this young man was.

Dark blue eyes crackled along the purple of the storm as the boy's rain-soaked hair flayed along the droplets. The young man held that look, searching for clarity in something that couldn't be understood.

He was tall, looming over the man as he stood straight. His muscles stood out of his heavy coat, a broad back and shoulders that went together with an athletically lean frame. His messy dark hair falling in deep tendrils over his eyes as he swiped them clear from his face. His bronze skin glistened under the rain and the cracks of power that riddled through the sky.