1 - A flower blooms whilst another dies

'How?' Yuzu thought to herself as she kept walking on the snow with Mei on her back. 

'How did this happen?' Yuzu thought to herself once more, tears threatening to come out. Breathing was hard for the young girl, but she didn't mind at all, Mei's life is much more important to Yuzu than her own.

"Mei, don't die! Don't die on me!" "I'm gonna save you no matter what!" Yuzu said as she kept walking, tears now coming out of her eyes. "I won't let you die....I swear that Yuu-chan will save you no matter what!" 

A few hours ago. 

"Yuzu?" Ume called for her daughter. "Your face is covered in soot...come over here" Ume went to Yuzu and wiped her face gently with a towel. "Its dangerous with all this snow. You don't have to go you know?" The woman looked at her daughter, face full of worry. Although Yuzu's kindness is rare nowadays she still does reckless things just for other's happiness. "Well, I want everyone to eat their fill on New Year's, so I'm gonna sell as much charcoal as I can. " Yuzu said as her mother kept wiping her face. Ume smiled at her daughter and thanked her. 

"Oneechan!" Yuzu turned her head to Yuko and Maki, her younger siblings. "You're going to town today?" Maki said with a face filled with pure excitement. Yuko stepped in asking if she can go to town with her older sister.  Ume stood up "Oh no, you're not. You know you can't walk fast like Yuzu" the mother said. Both children begged their mom to let them come with their idol but gave up since they knew Yuzu can't use the cart to carry them home once they get tired.

Maki rushed to Yuzu and gave her a hug, "Onee, I wanna go with you! I promise i'll help!" Yuko said still eager to go to town with Yuzu. Yuzu patted the head of Yuko and smiled "Thanks, Yuko"

Yuzu said and Yuko's face lit up with excitement. "But you're staying home today" And just like that the cute face of excitement is gone, replaced with dissapointment. "eeeh?" Yuzu chuckled and kneeled down to Maki's height. "You too, Maki. But I'll get you tons of goodies, k?" Yuzu said to cheer up her little brother and it worked. Maki smiled, Yuzu then turned to Yuko who was still upset and patted her head. "And Yuko, I'll play with you when I get back" The excited face once again returned. "Thank you so much, Yuzu" Ume thanked her child again. "Sure mama" Yuzu stood up and was about to say her goodbyes but stopped once she saw Xeno standing behind the two. "Xeno, will you chop as much wood as you can?" Yuzu asked. "Sure, I'll do it but...I was hoping we could do it together..." Xeno said with pure disappointment in his voice, Yuzu smiled and went up to Xeno and patted his head. "There there-"  "What's with that all of a sudden?!" Xeno shouted, pretending to hate the attention Yuzu was giving him. "You're blushing Xeno!" Maki shouted. Xeno, angered told him to shut up, Yuzu then pat his head telling him to calm down, which angered Xeno more. The others along with Yuzu laughed at the scene in front. Soon Yuzu said her goodbyes to the family and made her way to town. 

Once she got there she's greeted by an old lady. "Well now, Yuzuko! I can't believe you came down from the mountain on a day like this. You're such a hard worker! You might catch a cold you know?" Yuzu smiled and asked if she had enough charcoal, a man screamed, saying that he needs more charcoal and thanking her too for fixing his door the other day. "I'll need some charcoal too, Yuzuko!" a woman shouted from a distance, Yuzu smiled, when all of a sudden she heard a grunt coming from behind. "Yuzuko! Oh man, perfect timing!" the man made his way to Yuzu and took out a plate that was broken into pieces. "I've been accused of breaking this plate! Help me out will you? Sniff it!" Yuzu sniffed the broken plate and told the man that she smelled a cat.