CHAPTER 6.7 (Because I'm yet to finish ep 6 still-)

(From here on out, the story doesn't follow the show entirely because it's going to focus on Asami more, but ep 7 is still going to be sad- (☞゚ヮ゚)☞)

You listened to Hiromi drunk sob about how much he loves his manager, much to Kojiro's dismay.

"Okay I hear you. But I'm not the manager-!" Kojiro shouts and shoves Hiromi away and walks out to catch a breather. 

You look over at Miya as he grumpily says, "I don't get the appeal of alcohol..."

Reki slyly looks over at Miya too, "That's because you're better than all of us- AGH." Reki suddenly shouts in pain as Kaoru smacks him with the fan. 

"Under age drinking is strictly prohibited." Carla says a-matter-a-factly. 

Reki sweat drops, "My bad...thought it was water..."

Langa then walked over to Reki with his board and the conversation shifted. Kaoru started talking to Miya and you didn't pay attention to their conversation. Only snapping back to reality when you heard your uncle say,

"We can't have you ending up like Asami...never skating again is almost like a disgrace." 

You gasp loudly. It was unintentional, you weren't even meant to be apart of that conversation. 

"You okay Asami...?" Miya asks turning towards you. 

"Yeah, I'm just going to get some air."

"Okay." 

You give Miya a small smile before getting up and walking to the door. Kaoru not giving as much as a second glance towards you. 

You got some shoes on and as you walk out to the porch you notice Kojiro and Reki talking to one another. They had been talking about skating and moves but then the conversation jumped to you. 

"I'm just...worried about her. You know?" Reki said looking at the sand that he was playing with, with his feet. 

"So am I...but hey, she's going to be fine. I think now is just a really hectic time for her, especially now with Adam's return. But she has Kaoru's stubbornness." Kojiro chuckles, "Must run in the family I guess-" Kojiro cuts his sentence short as Reki looks at him in excitement. 

"So I wasn't just hearing things!" 

"Woah, hang on. You can't go telling people now-" 

"Yeah yeah, I know...Kinda wish she told me though." Reki says taking a sip of his drink. 

"She has always felt bad about keeping that from you, I guess it was so that you didn't think differently of her. You two are more alike than you think." 

"What does that mean?" Reki asks curiously. 

"You both avoid conflict, you struggle with things a lot. And yet, you two are some of the most kind hearted and hard working people I know, and that's saying something." 

You felt yourself begin to tear up and you started walking again and walked straight past them without a word. The men were too stunned to speak as you practically ran past and disappeared into the darkness.  

You carried on walking for hours. Just touring the island, trapped in your own thoughts but thinking of nothing particular. 

You had no idea what the time was, your phone had died and you were in some random area of the island. 

That's when you heard him. "Asami!" 

You turned around and gave him a small smile. "Hey Reki..." 

"Are you okay? We've been looking all over for you." 

"Everyone? Even my uncle?" You say surprised. 

"Oh, you overheard the conversation didn't you...anyway, no, he wasn't. He was talking to Miya while Miya was looking for you." 

"Oh."

"But, um, they all went up to the hot springs if you want to come with." Reki said the minute he noticed your mood drop. 

"Thank you, but I'm okay. I need some sleep anyway." 

"Okay...Just call me if you need anything." Reki says with a smile and gives you a hug. You squeeze back. You've missed these hugs of his. 

They felt like sunshine and warmth. You never wanted to leave his hold. His touch was warm, he smelt like oranges and flowers, must be his mom's doing. 

His touch was contradictory to  your uncle's. 

Kaoru's touch once so warm and inviting, he smelt like his name sake. It felt like home. Cherries.

And now...you didn't know. 

You started walking back to the hotel once Reki gave the directions and you gave him one last wave.       

When you reached the house you saw Kaoru sitting on the porch. "And where the hell have you been-?" 

You blink in response. 

"I was worried sick and all you do is blink!?"

"NO YOU WEREN'T" You snap back. 

Kaoru is quiet before he responds. "Excuse me...?" 

"I said...you weren't worried about me..."

"And why is that- " Kaoru says stepping forward and closing the distance between the two of you. "Explain to me, Asami-"

You flinch at the use of your name. He never calls you that. You continue nonetheless. "If you were worried about me...You would've come and found me yourself. But you didn't." 

"Oh look at you, trying to be so much like your mother now are we?" Kaoru says sarcastically, not realizing what he said and till Kojiro shouted at him. 
"Kaoru. That's. Enough."

Kaoru looked down at you once more and noticed your expression. 

Your eyes wide and filling with tears. Your breathing ragged. Your body shaking. You tried to choke back a sob but it didn't work. 

The rest of the boys except Hiromi ran out at the sound of shouting,  because they had arrived earlier than you somehow. 

"Hey, what's going on...?" Reki asked but his sentence trailed off once he saw your face. 

"Asami...I-..." 

"Save it- I've heard enough." 

And here comes the angst. I hope you like it and tell me if you want anything to be included. 

Till next chapter, Byeee <3