- ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 -

❗ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴꜱ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴇʟꜰ ʜᴀʀᴍ, ʙᴜʟʟʏɪɴɢ, ꜱᴜɪᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ❗

- Armin's POV -

My vision was blurry, everything what had just happened was a haze. What did happen? Oh. I remember now, briefly.

I was walking home from school, when Reiner came. Y'know, normally I'd be very happy for him to approach me, after all we were ' friends '. Well sorta, ever since I told him about everything going on in my life he's been very...distant.

Anyway, he walked up to me, muttering insults or whatever. Next thing you know, I'm laying in some mud with multiple injuries. Wonderful.

My hair, which is normally in a ponytail, was messy and dirty. My shirt and jumper had multiple rips and had words sharpied on. Insults, terrible ones. My glasses were broken, again, god. My grandad will be so mad..

- Time skip -

I made it home, 1 hour after when I was supposed to arrive, but it was better then 2 hours late. Right?? My hand nervously took out the spare keys my grandad had given me, I unlocked the door and cautiously stepped inside.

"ARMIN ARLERT! GET RIGHT HERE NOW!! " my grandad shouted with his croaky voice, he was quite violent, which is not a good thing for me.

I went to the living room and before I could even react he got up, grabbed my collar and pushed me against a wall. " FUCKING BITCH! WHEN I TELL YOU TO BE HOME AT A CERTAIN TIME, YOU WILL BE HOME BY THAT TIME! " he screamed in my face, his hand getting firmer and firmer on my collar

Tears formed at my eyes, stop crying.
Fuckin weak bitch, no wonder Reiner didn't want to be friends with you. Especially when your like this.
All hes doing is shouting, thats all hes doing, you cant even withstand that. Weak.
My head was swirling with thoughts, I opened my mouth to defend myself, but my grandad was hearing non of it.

He slapped me in the face, then punched my cheek. Leaving a graze, and a horrible red mark. Then he kneed me in the stomach, leaving me crying on the floor.

My grandad said he was going to the bar, right after the beating. I just smiled and watched him go out the door. Shit, that hurt so bad... God knows how the old fart is so strong. I got myself up and showered. After I looked in the mirror, noticing every 'wrong' feature about myself.

Eventually, I got changed and got my homework done, then dozed off into a dreamless sleep.

- Authors note! -
Thank you all for the support on the last few books! I wanted to make an eremin fanfiction because DAMN season 4 of aot is breaking my heart. Also I just like the ship lol!