Part 1

''We camp here for the night." Thorin informs as the Company stops on a large cliff overlooking a canyon. "Y/N, can you go get some fire wood?" He asks, looking at you. Your heart leaps at the command. "Yes, yes, I will." You say, trying to keep the excitement out of your voice. "I can come with you, Y/N, if you'd like." Kili says, smiling at you. You smile and look at him. "No, that's all right. Thank you though." You reply. He nods, sadness seeping into his eyes. Guilt pricks your heart but you try to ignore it. The truth is, the only reason you're excited about going into the forest is so that you can sing without anyone hearing you. You're a half-Elf. Your mother is a human and your father is an Elf. You grew up in Lothlorien, learning the beautiful songs of the Elves. You know how everyone in the Company hated Elves-save for Gandalf and Bilbo Baggins, and they'd treat you differently if they knew you are a half-Elf.
You walk into the forest and then run as far as necessary so the Dwarves won't hear you. Along the way you stop and grab branches and wood. You walk into a clearing that opens up to a small cliff. "Oh, so beautiful." You whisper, laying the branches in a pile on the ground. You walk out on to the cliff and stare at the canyons. You glance up at the star-littered sky and smile. You sigh in content and sit on the edge of the cliff.
The wind rustles your hair and you close your eyes. "Hae ephadron theri thaur am na dhû ias fîr i ambar. A trehil i 'alad 'Iân uir tri 'wilith." You sing, your voice ringing clear and beautiful. "Hae ephadr-" You stop at the sound of a branch snapping. You turn around and stare at Kili who's gazing at you in wonder. "What are you doing here?" You ask, your eyes widening in horror. You stand and wait for him to explain. Your heart pounds in your chest. "I didn't know you are an Elf..." He whispers. "Half-Elf." You correct quietly. "Are you going to tell Thorin and the Company?" You ask. He shakes his head. "Of course not." He breathes, walking toward you. "How come you didn't tell me?" Kili asks. "I couldn't. I know how much your uncle detests Elves...as does the rest of the Company. I thought maybe you were the same." You answer. "Y/N." Kili says, putting a hand on your shoulder. "We're good friends. What did you think was going to happen if you told me?" He asks. "You might tell everyone and then Thorin would ban me from this Quest. Everyone would think of me differently." You say, biting your lip, staring past his head. "I think of you no differently than the beautiful, intelligent, girl I knew before." He whispers, reaching up a hand to caress your cheek. You stare down at him, smiling. "Thank you." You say. "Your voice...it is beautiful. I've never heard anything like it." Kili states. "Thank you." You flush. Kili grabs your hand and walks you to the cliff. You both sit down.
"So where did you come from then?" Kili asks. He lifts your hair covering your ears. "You don't have Elf ears." He states, touching your perfectly normal ears. You laugh and shake your head. "No, no. My older sister has them though. I'm a half-Elf, but I take more of the human side." You say. "I'm from Lothlorien." You state. "Well, thank goodness you're not from Mirkwood." He breathes. "Are those the Elves Thorin doesn't like?" You ask. "Hates every single one of them." He answers. You sigh, looking out at the canyon. "It's pity really. Most of my kin are really nice." You murmur. "Can-can I hear you sing again?" Kili asks suddenly. You look at him. "I mean, if not, that's okay. But it truly is beautiful." He says. "I never hear you singing when all of us are." He quips. "I-I don't really know any other songs than my Elvish songs. And if I was to start singing songs in Elvish in front of the Company..." You trail off. "Yeah. So that's why you were so excited to collect firewood then?" Kili asks, smiling. You nod, grinning. "Yeah, just so I can sing my heart out without anyone judging me." You reply. He grabs your hand and brushes his thumb of your knuckles. "Would you care to sing your heart out for me?" He asks, looking at you. You smile, knowing he won't judge you, and nod. You take a deep breath and start. "Hae ephadron theri thaur am na dhû ias fîr i ambar. A trehil i 'alad 'lân uir 'wilith." You sing. Kili looks mesmerized, his face in awe. "That was...incredible." He whispers. You blush and smile. "Thank you." You say softly, staring down the canyon. Kili puts a hand on the side of your face and gentle turns it to him. You stare him and he leans forward. He places a gentle, yet loving kiss on your lips. Your eyes close. A moment later he pulls away, his eyes shining. You roll your lips, smiling. "We should get back." You whisper, blushing. He nods, smiling. "Yeah..." He murmurs.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!