Seven Wonders

BEFORE

"Alright Ladies, now you will perform 'Descensum' in which you will go to hell, and hope that you will return. If you do not return by sunset, you're stuck and will not be the supreme." Myrtle says, holding the large hour glass.

I knew that I would return.. Right?
I have to be the supreme. I know I am. Madison can't be in charge of this coven, she just can't. She couldn't handle it, even if she wanted to.

I lie back and we all form a circle with our heads in the middle. Queenie is to my right, with misty on my left.

I can't help but think about Kyle.
What if I don't come back?
He will be all alone.
And then I remember that Madison would be there with him.. But that's not comforting at all.

I open my eyes for a second and look over. I see him standing there with his little tray of glasses, watching intensely.
The scars on his neck show slightly at the top of his suit.

He looks worried, as am I. I try to smile to reassure him that everything will be okay, and I'll be back soon, but he only looks at me. His blonde curls are combed over to the side for the occasion and I just want to get up and hug him. And never leave his arms. But there is no time for that here.

I snap back into reality and realize that Myrtle is about to turn the hour glass over.

I get one last glance at him before I close my eyes.

We all say the chant and then everything turns dark. It's silence.

Suddenly, I hear talking. And the sound of cars whizzing by. There is something across me. A seatbelt.

I'm in a car. But to where?