Prologue || Mini-Movie 5

(We open to with Kai and Nya riding on the Fire Dragon, now named Flame, when the Dragon soon takes a detour to the Fire Temple.)

Kai: What's going on... (He and Nya start screaming.)

(They arrive at the Fire Temple.)

Nya: The Fire Temple? Boy, are you feeling homesick, Flame?

Kai: Maybe he forgot his toothbrush.

(Flame roars and opens up the entrance to the Fire Temple.)

Nya: Awesome!

Kai: Flame, why did you bring us back here?

Nya: I think he wants to show you something.

Kai: (Being nudged by Flame.) Okay, okay. I'm going.

(The trio move along to see the Skulkin at the secret entrance to the Underworld.)

Kai: Ahh... so that's what you wanted to show us... a secret entrance to the Underworld. (Kai accidentally slips and lands where the Skulkin are and prepares to take action.)

Krazi: (After spotting Kai.) Uh...Wyplash, boss. We got company.

Wyplash: Huh? Ninja?! Attack!

Postman: (Relieved.) Ninja?!

(The postman runs to a corner to hide. A bunch of Skulkin Warriors charge towards Kai as he attacks and disarms them. They all grab Kai's feet. This disarms Kai.)

Kai: (Attempting Spinjitzu.) Ninja, Go! (This has no effect as they still tightly hold his feet.)

Wyplash: Not so strong without the three amigos backing you up, are you?!

Nya: Hold on, Kai! We're coming to help! (She and Flame fly towards Kai.)

Kai: I can handle it.

Nya: No you can't, stupid.

Kai: I'm formulating a plan here.

(Suddenly, the weapons of the disarmed Skulkin Warriors come hurling toward them, making them release Kai.)

(Flame breathes out fire to make the Skulkin retreat back to the Underworld and seals them in with a couple of boulders blocking the entrance.)

Nya: Yep! I don't think their boney butts will be bothering us for a while.

Kai: See? I told you I'd think of something.

Nya: Huh.

Postman: (Walking up to the two.) Yep, all you.

Kai: That's right—wait, were you responsible for those weapons hitting the Skulkin?

Postman: Maybe. My name is Tatsu. I'm an intern for Ninjago's post. I also have this cool thing where I can manipulate wind, though not as cool as seeing the Red Ninja's dragon up close.

Nya: How did you get down here? The fire temple is way to hot for someone to just waltz inside.

Tatsu: I was captured to work as the Underworld's postman. I wasn't paid a penny.

Kai: How's about an offer, I take you to live in a place rent free, and you become a ninja like me.

Tatsu: Sounds better than having to look at my boss's face after going missing for a few days. I'm in!

(The four leave as Kruncha and Nuckal head to the barricaded entrance still in flames.)

Kruncha: You dummy! (Slaps Nuckal.) You left the stove on again, didn't you?!

Nuckal: No, you did!

[End]