Part 1

i pressed my sad head into my sad hand, breathing slowly. i ached for sleep but i couldnt get any here. it was too cold and too loud, i sank in my seat.

in an effort to suppress my boredom, i pulled out my pocket mirror to check how my face looked- ah, there was a little gap in my eyebrow.. i unzipped my bag and rummaged around until i eventually found my eyebrow pencil.

before i could even begin filling in my eyebrow gap, ariana snatched the pencil right out of my hand and began parading around with it up in the air, giggling like an absolute twat of a 5 year-old with her dumbass pale arm outstretched.
"oh, please don't do this, seriously," i sighed, sulking. she grinned even harder,
"hey! kevin!" she suddenly shouted.
my heart sank.. ariana always went too far.

kevin... he was, of course, my crush.

"kev, have a free eyebrow pencil," ariana shoved my brow pencil in his face, and he reluctantly took it in his hand with a puzzled expression. i shifted out of my seat and went up to kevin shyly, i tried to calm my heart but my efforts were futile as usual. as i approached, the more and more i could see how handsome he was. i swallowed hard.

"sorry about her,"
i cheesed awkwardly, holding out a hand to take my eyebrow pencil back from him. he gently handed it back,
"don't apologise, you didn't do anything,"
he replied with a brief smile,
"oh, sorry!" i responded in a distressed laugh,
"it's fine,"
he smiled softly but with ambiguity once again, then confidently walked away.

i glanced down at the eyelure make-up pencil in my palm and thought to myself for a moment. the world seemed to fade out of existence as i tried to recollect everything that had just happened between kevin and i within the last couple seconds. i closed my hand. looking back up again, i scanned the classroom for my friends and then up and left quickly to make my lucky escape from ariana. success!
i then made my way to the library to have a quick study. i wasn't there for too long before the bell rudely rang and i had to take off again for my next lesson. on route to the block i was supposed to be in, i bumped into kevin again,

"hey Y/N,"
he said the moment he had literally just passed me,
"h-hi," i stuttered back, turning while walking, only to see the back of his head & his perfect hair as he cruised his way swiftly through the courtyard. kevin was a total boy underneath his wealthy status and intelligent a-star student facade. his weird behaviour, i just simply couldn't wrap my head around him- but at the same time, i began to find it fun to try and decipher what everything he did meant.

~after school had ended

Y/N's phone

Your story

@kevin_liu wants to send you a message

kevin_liu replied to your story
kevin_liu: Come to the table next to the history books section I can show you.

You: omg you're a lifesaver! ty!! :)

kevin_liu: Welcome!

my heart was already in my throat at the sight of the notification on my lockscreen - but upon opening the actual message, i felt physically faint.
both with hesitance and explosive excitement, i left my seat and shakily made my way over to the side of the library where the history books were. i scanned around for kevin.

unfortunately, though he was agonisingly attractive, he also blended in with all of the other male students since he dressed so plain. it took me longer than it should have to spot him and his table out. nonetheless, there he was. he had his head down because he's like that, he wasn't looking around or anything to see if i was approaching — he was so emotionally distant from everything around him but i still liked him.

i quietly pulled out a chair and sat myself beside him. i noticed him glance at me out of the corner of his eye, but he continued working silently. it took around 20 seconds, from the point i'd sat down next to him for kevin to finally put his pen down and pay attention to me. he exhaled and looked at me.
"it's the circle theorems," i sighed in a whisper,
"okay," he leaned over, placing his hands in front of me. our heads almost touched, he was so close..

"you know these, right?" he whispered as he neatly wrote down a couple formulas in a corner of the page. i nodded. he pointed his pen at the area of the page i'd been working in,
"this part is right, but here you —" kevin continued on, explaining the methods to me simply enough for me to understand.
i nodded in agreement as he spoke. a couple times, as he used his body to explain, his head would be really close to mine and his hair strands would tickle my cheek. it was so full-on but i also felt somewhat calm. though very difficult, i managed to focus more on what he was telling me than the fact that he was so extremely close that i could literally smell the products in his hair.

he finished explaining and i pulled the lid off of my pen to begin actually doing the work... but kevin was still watching me.
he was waiting, i could see out of the corner of my eye that he had his harsh stare on and was focusing intently on the page in front of me. controlled by nerves, i paused before my pen made contact with the paper.
"go on," he encouraged, stern in his tone.