the girl of many colors

there was once a young girl with long blonde hair,

"small body, big heart" someone once told her,

"she always wears yellow," "no matter what, she's always smiling", others would say

the girl cared deeply for many people, despite some not necessarily deserving it.

but no matter how poorly some treated the girl, she couldn't help but try and see the good in everyone.

but you know what they say, people change. life happens. things happen.

the young girl with long blonde hair had a rough year.

after graduation she chopped her long beautiful hair off, and coated it in many colors.

blue, purple, and pink she's had. she was excited, a new change. a new chapter of her life she had to look forward to.

"a new start," she told herself excitedly.

the young girl with short colorful hair started working. she took some time away from school, staying behind in her small town while the rest of her friends left on their own adventures. things were okay for a little bit, but she felt empty.

see, the young girl with short colorful hair has a big heart, and it often ends up getting her hurt.

the girl hasn't had many lovers in her life, but the few she did experience didn't treat her with the same love she provided them.

the first guy she had known for years, they went to school together.

they started talking almost every day, even facetiming every night to binge watch shows together. how cliché, right?

well, the boy had an ex girlfriend, you see. she wasn't very fond of the girl with short colorful hair. the young girl assumed it was because the boy always harbored feelings for her, but it's not her fault.

longer story short, the boy got back together with his ex, and broke the young girl's heart.

but she stayed silent. if he was happy, then that was enough for her.

if she said it enough, maybe it would start to come true.

a few months later, another boy came into the picture.

the young girl (who had medium length blue hair at this point) had history with him, and not a great one.
but remember, though she's little, her heart is huge.

this boy was different than anyone the young girl had ever known. he was quiet, wore darker clothes, and there was just something about him that piqued her interest, even after being hurt by him before.

how naïve the young girl was.

her and the boy became close like they were once before, and things were going great for the most part. until he decided to leave, that is.

the young girl was heartbroken once again, for she was falling in love with him, even if she wouldn't admit it to herself, she was.

and oh, does love do crazy things to people.

the young girl couldn't let him walk out that easily.
but, what could she do? her heart could only get her so far. even after figuring out where he was going, she couldn't be selfish and ask him to stay. her feelings don't matter as much as everyone else's do, remember?

so she let him go once again, and low and behold, he ends up back together with a girl from his past. just like the boy from before.

but if he was happy, then that was enough for her.

maybe if she said it just a few more times than last time, it would definitely become true...

less than a month later, the girl met someone else.
well... she was set up with someone else i guess is more appropriate to say.

this guy is the wild card out of the bunch. he was sweet, caring, was a godly man. and he chased her. the young girl had always been the chaser, so she was taken aback by him at first.

the day after christmas is when they had their first date, and they clicked instantly. the boy not having her home until around midnight that night. and they continued seeing each other from that day forward.

the young girl with the long blue hair finally got the relationship she felt she deserved. they met each other's parents, wanted to grow through Christ together, life was bliss for the young girl.

until it wasn't.

one day, the young girl was stressed about school. it had just started and she was already struggling to keep up.

she got a text from the guy that swept her off her feet, and it absolutely broke her.

after everything they had talked about and gone through together, it was over just like that. completely shattered by a simple text conversation the day before she started her new job.

although their time together was short lived, this one seemed to break her more than the other two.

"what did i do wrong?" she'd ask herself, "why am i never good enough for anyone?"

the young girl's long blue hair started to fade into a muted green color, perfect to represent the disgust when she saw the supposedly "godly man" had posted another girl less than a month after he broke her heart.

the young girl was pissed off. she refused to be happy for a hypocrite. doesn't the bible say lying is a sin?

she hoped so, maybe he'll have to repent for hurting her so deeply.

from that day forward, the young girl with muted green hair decided to not take shit from anyone ever again.

she turned her emotions off, didn't smile as much as she used to, and tucked away her heart, never allowing it to be broken again.

there was a young girl with pink hair. she's trying, but feels like she's struggling to hold on most days.

some say she used to be happier, before life kicked her in the face time after time.

there's a rumor that if you look at her closely, you can see the ghost of a smile on her face if she lets her guard down just for a second. but if you blink, you could miss it.

she doesn't know where life will take her, she doesn't know if she'll ever date a man who will know how to respect her or love as hard as she does,

but one thing you can say about the young girl with pink hair...

she's trying her best right now. even if it doesn't seem like it.

"my hair will make up for the colors i'm lacking in life," the young girl told herself.

"i'll never let anyone break me again."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚜 ➼ 𝚊 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 🎉