1; home

swipe

swipe

rileytrotz hiiii, I'm going home tmrw 😁1,740,920 likes

1,740,920 likes

COMMENTS

user NO WAY
user WE HAVENT SEEN HER IN NY SINCE MAT
     user dude this is scary
     user doesn't she have family there, tho?
     user ^ they fly out to la to see her
user YES QUEEN
user stunning as always
user im in love with you
user lol get off my explore page
user girl, you're gorgeous
user goals
user someone looks tipsy.

MAT's POV

I frowned as I scrolled through my explore page, seeing nothing but edits of Riley, some of them with me in it. It's almost been two full years since we broke up, and I'd be lying if I didn't say I thought about it often. We didn't end things right, and that killed me.

"But I just don't get why you're leaving," I said, running my hands through my hair in a frustrated manner. I had that terrible feeling of not being able to get the right words out because of the trillions of thoughts running through my mind.

Riley sighed, placing yet another piece of clothes into her suitcase, "This is too much, Mat. I mean, I'm leaving to California in a week and I'm starting to get overwhelmed. I almost had a panic attack while you were out with your dad because I felt like I didn't spend enough time with my family after Becca passed," she said, sounding truly and utterly stressed.

We were still at my family's house for winter break, and Riley decided on leaving a few days earlier out of nowhere.

I frowned and walked over to her, placing both of my hands on her shoulders, "So let me come with you, Ri. I want to spend as much time with you as I can before you go. Long distance is going to be so rough."

She ran a hand through her dark brown hair, flipping it over to one side, "I know... I've been thinking about that too." All of a sudden her mood changed and I could see tears in her eyes.

I furrowed my brows, not wanting to hear the words that were coming next, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I don't think this can work, Mat," She said, her voice cracking. She took a seat on my bed, looking up at me, "I mean, we've been lying to ourselves the past month. No one makes it long distance anymore. It always ends in heartbreak and misery."