Forbidden

Hello Readers! I wanted to say thank you for clicking on this story and I hope you stay with it! This is currently under a rewrite so if you've read the first version it's going to be a little different. I just wasn't feeling the story's direction. It kept going into these dead ends. Also I know some peeps want a super angsty yearning story where they have unrequited love for a million chapters. Folks i'm sorry but this is not that story. They're pretty much get together in the first chapter because i want the story to focus on lost love. And that is where the angst and yearning is going to come from. I honestly don't have the patience for unrequited love and I don't think it fits these characters.

I know this seems like a mystery themed story but it's actually going to be a romance between two boys in a creepy mysterious world. Also, this story is mature. There is going to be some pretty dark themes and strong language. And i'm not sure if smut is wanted so tell me if you want that and I'll put it in.

I hope you like these boys as much as I do and please if you have any thoughts or opinions or stuff I could work on please message me or comment! I'm working on this by myself so i'd love some feedback.

______________________________________

Kade grew up in a small New England town that was filled with history. Every persons' life in this town was traditional. Each kid had a mother and father who worked hard to have a nice home and a full family life. It was a blueprint given to every child who grew up in Copperwood. For the Kade it was be athletic, find a girl and fall in love. Get married and have children soon after. And by the time Kade started his freshman year he was on the road to that life. He had a beautiful girlfriend who he adored and was climbing the ladder to captaincy on the football team.

But something about this town was a little...wrong. People were go missing. Especially older teenagers. The police never investigated the disappearances more than asking a couple questions and the parents pretended their child skipped town. Everyone eventually learned what happened if you strayed off the trail. If you dared to live a life different from the blueprint. You'd be taken. And in Kade's sophomore year someone showed up who was plenty different.

Luca Auriant, a French Italian exchange student. He had permanently tanned skin and longer light brown hair that curled up into a beautiful waviness. He looked like he was made to be under the sun. When Kade had first met Luca he was much smaller than most boys his age. He was short with small arms and his shoulders weren't very wide either. But by the time they reached senior year he had matched Kade's height at Six feet give or take a half inch. While he was still skinny, his shoulders were impossibly wide with muscles sculpted beautifully by the hard labor he did for his host family. He was constantly flipping his hair back from his eyes, making the long curls mix together. Luca was truly a beautiful man.

During their years in high school, they'd discovered a massive tree in Copperwood Forest, which had its name because the trees stayed a burnt orange color all year. The tree was in a grassy opening where the sun shone brightly. It was totally isolated from the world and the perfect meeting place for them. They'd lay in the grass, side by side talking for hours or pointing at shapes in the clouds.

"Hey, Luca."

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something?"

Luca turned to Kade who laid next to him in the soft grass, the tree creating a nice shade. "Sure. You ok?" he said in a mostly American accent. His French would only lace his words.

"Yeah I'm fine. I was just wondering if you remember when you were really tiny." Kade snickered.

Luca lifted his head from the grass, smacking Kade's arm playfully. "Shut up, fucking jerk."