Betting on Stones

It was a day like any other, birds were singing, people were laughing, and the cherry blossoms were blooming in their exquisite pink hue as they did every year.
You were in the science lab, replicating an old hereditary experiment that involved pea plants, it was simple enough, in fact, anyone could replicate it in their own back yard, but you liked to do your projects in the science lab. It seemed the science lab was like a second home for you.
You almost spent as much time in it as Senku, who was currently fumbling with a new invention he had made. It looked like a blood spinner, but you had never seen a blood spinner that needed to be bolted down to a table, and have a bolted down lid. Perhaps it was some sort of vacuum chamber, but you had no way of knowing.
"hey Bluebell, can you hand me that adapter over there?" Senku asked, denoting to a table.
Bluebell was not your actual name, he called you that because it was your favorite flower, and because the first time you had met, you had accidentally screamed it at him.
"Yeah sure, " you voiced, throwing away a Q-tip covered with pollen. "what are you making?"
Senku let out a large sigh, "a disaster." he stated, lowering his head in defeat.
With the adapter, you looked at his creation. It was a mess of wires and large batteries of different kinds, no wonder he needed the adapter.
"maybe you should stick with one type of battery, Senku," you claimed, setting the adapter down on the table.
Just then, the door flung open, smacking against the wall and creating a loud bang, making you flinch.
"Senku! (y/n)! Today is the day!" Taiju screeched, enthusiasm practically spewing out of him.
"what are you so excited about, Taiju?" you asked after regaining your composure.
"Obviously he's going to confess to Yuzuriaha, that's the only reason why he would be so eager to tell us." Senku stated, "I wish you luck."
"so do I, but try not to scare poor Yuzuriaha." you said, grinning.
It was quite obvious that Taiju had taken a liking to Yuzuriaha, they were a cute couple, but in a way, you feared for them both. Not because of rejection, but because your gut told you something wasn't right. Even so, you kept your mouth shut. Curiosity.
With that, Taiju ran out of the science lab and hurried down the hall, by now he had gained everyone's interest, making them huddle next to an open window to witness his confession.
"I bet ten bucks he gets rejected," someone declared, earning a vicious scowl from you.
"I bet twenty he doesn't even get a reply" another one announced.
You moved towards the window to see Yuzuriaha standing next to a camphor tree, she seemed to be tying a ribbon around a broken branch of the large tree.
You smiled, as this was very much like her.
"I bet a five hundred she says yes." Senku stated, gaining a shocked gape from everyone within the science lab.
"Senku don't bet-" you were cut off by Senku shoving your favorite soda into your face, you sighed and grasped it.
Like Senku, you knew Yuzuriaha was going to say yes, but it almost felt like cheating to bet on it.
"Look! There's Taiju!" A boy yelled, making everyone huddle closer to the window. Senku was at the back, drinking his soda.
Everyone's excitement soon turned to fear, as bright green light illuminated the sky, everyone backed away from the window as they saw Taiju turn to stone, followed by Yuzuriaha.
Every possibility of this green light ran through your head, was it some bomb from another country? Or maybe a chemical spill? You didn't have time to finish your thoughts, as you were beginning to turn to stone. You looked up at Senku, and you both locked eyes.
And then
Everything went black...

—————————————
YEP that's that. 667 words, future chapters may be longer,
I may change the story to third person, as it's much easier for me to write that way.
Thanks for reading! -Loo