One Shot

You regained your consciousness, blinking at the shore you had washed up on. You roll over with a dry cough, getting to your feet shakily. Looking around, you spot a large creepy mansion. "Where the hell am I?" You rasp, glancing at the ocean at your back before stumbling toward the mansion. You didn't get far before collapsing again. 'Damn... I'm too weak,' You think, crawling forward shakily. Your consciousness began to slip again, but not before a boot steps into view.

A flash of lightning wakes you up with a slight jolt. You blink up at the dark ceiling. The tapping of rain on the window makes you look over as another flash of lightning tries to blind you. 'I'm inside?' You think sitting up. You glance around, spotting a newspaper on the stand next to the bed. You lean over, seeing your crew's name in a heading. 'Marines wipe out Heat Pirates,' You read the article, but it doesn't register. 'Can't be right...' You think, stiffly getting out of bed. You stagger out of the room, looking down the halls.
You wanted to call out to see if anyone was here, but your voice is hoarse. You head down the halls, trying to find the stairs but somehow getting lost and ending up in a dead end. Feeling weak again, you sit down facing the window.
"Did you get lost?" A male voice asks, nearly making you jump out of your skin. You jump to your feet, spinning around to meet the pair of golden eyes.
"Are you the one who saved me?" You ask carefully.
"I am," He answers.
"Thank yo-" You go to bow but only fall over. "Tch!" You click your tongue and start to get up when he kneels in front of you. You look up, swiftly identifying the warlord. "Hawkeyes," You breath in surprise.
"You're in no position to be wondering around alone," He tells you, helping you to your feet
"But, I have to find my crew," You object. He pauses, something like sympathy flickering in his eyes. "They're alive.... I can't be the only one," You insist.
"In your current condition you won't get far," He points out. You fall silent, looking at the floor. He looks at you for a bit before looking ahead. "You're welcome to stay here until you recover your strength," He says as he leads you back into the room. You sit down on the bed and he turns to leave.
"Um," You say swiftly, making him stop and look back. "Thank you again," You tell him. It felt like his golden gaze burned into you. He gives a nod and strolls out. You lay back down, turning to the window with a heavy sigh.
You come to another dead end and frown. "Lost again?" A voice guesses. You look back at Hawkeyes with a slight frown.
"This place is too big, how can you live here alone?" You ask, going over to him.
"I like the quiet," He replies bluntly.
"I like the quiet too... But isn't it a bit lonely?" You point out. He falls silent, looking down before turning away.
"At the moment it's not," He admits. You blink at his back in surprise. It was a bit cute, seeing that the 'greatest swordsman' was feeling lonely. You fall in step with him.
"Good, I'd feel insulted if you still felt a bit lonely," You muse, nudging him with your shoulder. He blinks at you, a ghost of a smile flashes across his face.
"Thought you were going to look for your crew?" He says. You pause and shrug slightly.
"I'm not fully healed yet, if they were as lucky as me they're probably in a hospital some where healing as well," You point out. "Anyway, I wouldn't want you to feel lonely so soon," You tease with a cocky smirk.
"How thoughtful of you," He comments with a slight smile. You chuckle a bit.
"So where is my room again? Or... The kitchen?" You ask looking around.
"Are you hungry?" He inquires. You nod sheepishly. He leads you down stairs. Half way down, your knee locks up and you stagger. He catches you swiftly, pulling you into his chest in the process. You look up into his golden eyes, feeling a blush form on your cheeks.
"Thank you," You breath. He blinks into your eyes, you could feel his heart pick up a bit.
"Are you okay?" He murmurs.
"Uh... Y-yeah," You huff, carefully stepping away. He keeps an arm around you.
"I'll help you down the rest of the way," He explains.
"You sure you're not doing this just to keep me close?" You tease (something you did in awkward situations). He glances at you briefly.
"Maybe," He whispers huskily. That made you blush.
"What?" You scoff. He chuckles.
"It's going to be fun having you around,"