Prologue

"Excuse me?" Iliya looked at the two of them in front of her. 

The boy was a short boy with golden hair and blue eyes, wearing a brown waistcoat with a white shirt underneath. Black pants and a pair of black patent-leather shoes were there to contrast the white. He had a silver-white cane hanging from his arm that he didn't use, supporting his limping leg with the handles of the girl in the wheelchair. 

"Sorry, I-I will explain, haha. She always jumped to conclusions...So umm. My name is Connor, and I'm also a political representative from Saltorian." The boy smiled politely. 
"Don't be so polite to them, Connor!" The girl shouted with great enthusiasm. 

The girl had light blue hair with yellow lines, moving through it like electricity, but not static. It was like yellow lines moved over a tv-screen. A constant moving yellow line moving up and down her hair. Her eyes had the same blue color. She was wearing a pink skirt with white stripes doing down vertically with a blue waistcoat and white shirt underneath. She had three massive black rings around her legs. One right above her ankle, one right below her knee, and one around the middle of her thigh. She was sitting in a wheelchair but clearly didn't mind.

"Political representative?" The girl behind the desk asked. She blinked confusedly. The girl behind the desk with short black hair and orange eyeliner around her eyes. She was wearing a business suit. Black suit with a black tie and white vertically beige striped shirt underneath and a black skirt with same beige stripes. Her eyes were the color of amber. She was wearing a military cap with a silver chain around the hat's brim.

"See, our God. You might know him as Lord Salviyer has asked us to come to request a tournament like the one held a few hundred years ago between Alphamorion and Betania." Connor explained.
"Why should we agree?" A voice rang out from the room. A boy was sitting in the far end of the room on a couch.

The boy had spiky white hair going down his face and greenish pale white eyes. He was wearing a light brown coat with a green belt around a black t-shirt underneath. He had long black boots and beige, white pants. A silver bracelet around both wrists and a silver ring on his right hand. He also wore a necklace with a small metal feather in it. A katana in a sheath was at his side, resting at his hip.

"Who is this?" The girl named Jessica Sparks asked.
"That right there is my bodyguard. Vindur Caligo." Iliya said, sitting down in her chair.
"W-well back to your question. So the barrier keeping you safe has weakened, and our God has had his eyes locked on Betamorion for a while but thought it would be boring to invade a weak country like yours. He thought it would be more e-entertaining to do a tournament like last time." Connor said. The moment he stopped his sentence. The wind picked up in the room, and you heard the sound of an electric spark in the air. Vindur had gotten all the way over to the two of them in a split second and had drawn his katana, but he hadn't cut them. Jessica was simply looking at him with her eyes shining lightly. Connor, in fear, fell back and landed on the ground, dropping his cane at his side. 
"Stand down, Vindur," Iliya said sternly.
"But-" Vindur said, annoyed, shaking his wrist as a slight black smoke left his wrist like it had been burned.
"I allowed them in here. They are guests." Iliya demanded, and Vindur stood down.
"So you're saying either we accept, or Salviyer will attack us personally?" Iliya asked. Jessica nodded.
"He wants an answer now. This is just a formality. He knows that you will accept." Jessica grinned. Connor had gotten to his feet.
"Fine..." Iliya sighed and nodded, pressing her hands together.
"More information will be sent through the ether. You may have a good day." Jessica grinned, signaling Connor to push her out. Connor did as requested, walking out of the room with her. 
"Why accept?!" Vindur roared.
"Because they are right. We are weak if we are going to face a war. After the gods died, fewer people started being born with abilities, and you know it. I'm an ability-less girl like most of our population. Only a few people have been born with great gifts." Iliya opened the file that had been sent the moment Jessica left. It depicted the rules of the tournament.