The heartbroken and the smitten

"I am..."

"Kaedehara kazuha and i am a wanderer of liyue. But thanks to the traveler, i can roam my homeland freely. That land is inazuma, the nation of eternity, that was once a closed and confined nation until the traveler came along and defeated the raiden shogun, showing her about the true meaning of eternity. Then raiden called off the vision hunt decree giving many opportunities for the people outside and inside the nation."

"I am one of those people who have gained a huge advantage from this. After all this does give me the advantage to visit the place I remember dearly, the place where all of my most precious memories took place, the place where he...
No, i can't think about the bad parts of the story, after all i was just mentioning memories, place's, people... oh right! An old friend of mine lives in inazuma."

"His name is gorou. He is the general of the resistance army. He along with the rest of the resistance helped me as a wanted man and still held me to such value as an average person. Gorou was a great friend, he is the type to say what's on his mind and doesn't hold back when it comes to drawing a sword for a friend. I like those kinds of people.-journal". Year:???? Month:august day:12

"Today i am visiting my old friend's...my old friend! Gorou!" As you can tell, kazuha is denying thinking about his old friend's grave. But i mean, can you blame him? After all he held him so dearly, so dearly that I'm still surprised that he still calls tomo a friend. You see they were much more that friends and they traveled everywhere together but one day:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~year:???? Month:October day:14~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*kazuha and tomo rest on a rock on a mountain when suddenly, a flash of lightning rushed from the sky to a nearby fox den*
"Hmmmm"
"what's wrong tomo?"
"I wonder...what even IS that thing that the shogun can do?"
"Do you mean, the musuo no hitotachi?
"Mhm that one."
"That is something you can only witness when you are faced with a divine punishment, is it the pinnacle of the shogun's skill, a symbol of ultimate power."
"There must be one who can withstand it. There will always be those who dare to brave the lightning's glow"
"What are you talking about? I know it's been on of your dreams that inazuma was restored and a free nation but I didn't think you'd go THAT far to achieve it."
"Oh I'm not gonna do it, it was just...an idea."
Later that year, the vision hunt decree arrives. And as kazuha was in a nearby market he heard that his friend decided to face the shogun. Without another thought kazuha rushes to tenshukaku, but when he arrives. He is too late.
As he watched tomo's sword strike the ground in horror, another glow of lightning rushed towards him an in a panic he grabs tomo's vision and rushes off.
When he is far away enough from inazuma's border. He cried, as quiet but as mush as he could. He couldn't believe that what he had run away from was his friend's final breaths. Ever since that day he refused to talk about it further more. Only when necessary.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~back to present time~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kazuha was arriving to the sangonomiya shrine he was greeted with a loud
"Kazuha!"
Gorou rushed to help him out of his boat then afterwards gave him a big hug
"Woah gorou, since when were you this excited to see me? You know it wasn't that long since i last saw you."
"I know! I just missed you, thats all!"
Kazuha began to walk toward's the shrine with gorou when suddenly something catches gorou's eye
Those bandaids look old and their really thin too. Why don't i take you into my tent and replace your bandages?"
They walked over to gorou's tent and went inside, kazuha sat down and gorou prepared some tea before he replaces his bandages.
"Thank you gorou, i wonder what i would do without you?" Kazuha chuckled, as gorou finished handing the tea he went inside his first aid cabinet and pulled out a roll of bandages.
"You know kazuha, I'm glad that we became friends. Your a very interesting person and I'm always ready to hear another one of your stories from your adventures.
Im hoping that...maybe we can go on adventures together too? Not too far from here but a nice way to gain a stronger bond and so we can have some stories to tell together, right?"
"Hmmm, maybe we can go on some adventures together. And we can invite some of the resistance too"
"Actually i was hoping it could be just us two, you know? A trip to strengthen our friendly bond."
Kazuha didn't know what to make up of gorou's intentions
"Gorou, are you-" kazuha stopped himself before he could say another word
"Hmmm?
"Oh nothing."
"Kazuha. I don't know weather to think of us as best friends or maybe...more...than...that? Actually, just forget what i said. Cmon, lets go.