𝗢𝗡𝗘-𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗧

"How did we end up like this?" My younger version asked, with big doll eyes, and full of hope.

I stared blankly at my younger version. Feeling nothing but hate and envy with those hopeful eyes that I once had. I slowly walked towards her fragile body and squatted.

"I killed them" I muttered, staring deeply at her big purple eyes. The younger version squeezed the teddy bear they were hugging tighter and started to silently wail.

"Do you regret it?" I saw my 15th-year-old self, she looked like she was in pain, not physically but mentally, I wondered to myself how my family and friends didn't notice how broken and lonely I was when I was so young and delicate. 

"No, I do not regret anything" I bitterly replied, standing up and looking at them with an emotionless face.

"You don't regret sacrificing people just to be alive?" She hissed, clearly getting irritated. I looked at my 7th-year-old self and saw her looking so horrified. I pity her. 

"As long as I get to live, then I won't regret anything" I admitted, then another figure appeared, although it was much older than the other two.

It was my 25th-year-old self, she slowly opened her small, tired eyes, and stared at me. "Why did we kill him?" She whimpered, looking at me with evident pain. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. I closed my mouth again and looked at the floor.

"I also wonder why," I can hear and feel my three younger selves crying and in pain, but I just ignored them. 

I felt someone grasp my wrist and saw him.

The man that I love, the man who made me feel loved, the man who brought me happiness, and the man I had killed in order to live.

I felt tears flooding my vision and tried to blink them away.

The moment I tried pulling my arm away, he hugged me and started stroking my hair, and comfortably positioned his head on my shoulders.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry" I apologized. All he did was nod and hugged me tighter. "It's ok, as long as you and our children are alive" Right, our sweet children.

"I'll make sure they live a comfortable and happy life" I assured. I felt him smile. He loosens the hug and scans my face.

He sweetly cup my face with one hand and kissed my nose. "You're so... so beautiful."

"I'm so grateful I met you and married you" He smiled sadly, and wiped my tears with his thumb. All of my younger versions were slowly disappearing and I noticed that he was too. I sobbed harder and shoved my head to his chest.

He began to stroke my hair once more and kissed my head.

"Please don't go" I desperately begged.

"I'm sorry love" And then I woke up.