Chapter 20

"felice and her detective skills."

To say that Isobelle had a horrible night was an understatement

She spent the entirety of the night awake, wandering trough the endless thoughts that haunted her mind. She braced herself as she sobbed uncontrollably, one of her hands pressed against her heart, only hoping that it would make the pain go away.

She felt so much and she was starting to hate herself for it, because if only she was stronger and learned to keep her emotions under control, she wouldn't be going through all that pain.

She tried to sleep, but couldn't find peace, so she picked up a book she found on her nightstand, which was a big mistake because the book she grabbed was none other than Frederic's copy of Pride and Prejudice. The book he had lend to her on her first night at Hillershka.

Once again she felt that familiar pain in her chest, the one she felt when she overheard Frederic talking to his father.

Filled with anger she threw the book against the wall, breaking down once again as she did.

She just wanted it all to stop.

She wanted the feeling of emptiness to stop, the sickening twists her stomach made, the loneliness she felt, she just wanted to go back in time and stop her brother from punching that guy.

Finally after crying for what felt like an eternity, she started to feel her eyelids becoming heavy and she allowed herself to close her eyes and let sleep take over her.

—————————— • ——————————

The next morning Isobelle woke up earlier than usual given to the fact that she had to get ready to see her mother, plus the idea of taking a shower and getting ready seemed like a good way to stop herself from spiraling into the same painful thoughts that had haunted her mind last night.

She took a warm shower, brushed and dried her hair. She washed her face before applying all her skin products and doing her makeup, she picked a channel button up black and white shirt and a black skirt that matched her headband.

Once she was ready she took a glance of herself at the full body length mirror, and struggled to hold back the tears, because no matter how much she tried she didn't like what she saw on the mirror's reflection.

She took a deep breath and faked a smile the best she could before making her way outside the building where her mother was waiting for her, and her brother.

When she got there she was met by her mother's concerned expression.

She knew the woman was more that upset about the whole scandal, so she decided to not tell her about her break up with Frederic yet. Her mother was actually thrilled when she told her about her relationship with the boy, so she didn't think it would be a good idea to bring up the situation, especially with everything that was going on.