XXVI

N'veah Chanel Olsen
Monroe, Louisiana

"Dee, I'm forreal." I whine.

We at my house chilling all night and she freaking out because I said I love her.

"I ain't even came out to my momma yet. I'm technically still straight." She paces around.

"We'll get to that when we get to it." I get up and hug her.

"You really deadass? Like you mean it? You swear on-"

"Yes, I love you. I wouldn't have said it of I wasn't sure." I shrug.

"Ion know... Why would you love me tho? Like I'm not a lovey dovey person, ion even know how to handle this shit." She stresses.

"Chill."

"Nah cuz like what if you not really in love wit me, you just got an illusion? What if you fall out of love wit me?" She looking like she bout to throw up.

"Its not no illusion and I'm not gone stop loving you anytime soon, kay?" I hold her.

"This feel weird tho nobody said that before other than like my mama, my brother, and Laisah." She pouts.

"Well I said it so add me to the list."

"I think I L word you too." She whispers.

"Now was that so damn hard?" I say and she pushes me away.

"I take it back."

"I should've recorded it." I curse myself.

"I come around niggas go put they hoe up." She mumbles randomly.

"Ay you think we gone be one of those ugly ass couples that wear matching fits?" She asks.

"I know we gone be one of the ugly ass couples that wear matching fits." I nod.

I hear a creak from the kitchen making my stomach sink to my ass.

I signal Dee to shush and I listen closely for a couple minutes.

I don't hear anything else so I roll my eyes and sit down on my bed.

"I'm tripping."

"See, you too paranoid." She straddles me.

"I guess."

"We need a soundtrack." She scrolls through her slowed and reverb playlist.

I hear a thud and she does too because she looks at the door concerned.

She gets off of me and looks under the door for shadows.

I go in my closet to grab my gun and walk to the door.

"Get behind me, if it's more than one person you grab my gun and go out the window." I whisper to her.

"I finally found someone I love. If they outnumber us, I'm staying wit you, period." She whispers back.

I sigh cuz ain't no time for arguing.

She gets behind me and I slowly open the door. It's silent for a few seconds.

Until shots fire. 5 niggas shoot at us and I shoot back. 3 of them drop but one gets me in my neck.

I hand Dee my gun and hug her, shielding her from the last of their rounds.

As they reload she shoots them both in the head.

My blood coats her white tank top as their blood stains my marble floor.

"No, no, no. Keep yo eyes open baby!" She screams.

I fall to the floor and she kneels over me trying to apply pressure to my throat.