Prologue

As the Emperor, Claude always looks at the books of the Empire's history. And as a father, he also taught Athanasia the do's and don't inside the palace.

Like a normal day, the father and daughter duo are stolling through the Palace Library, until Athanasia stumbled upon a weird book at the very bottom of the shelf.

"Daddy, look!" Athanasia said while pointing at the book she saw.

Claude look confused. It was the first time he saw that book, or rather, it was the first time he gave attention to that weird book.

Curious Athanasia pulled the book out of the shelf, suddenly, the shelf split into two, revealing a hidden passage going down.

"AH!" Athanasia shouted, shock at the sudden opening of the bookshelves.

Claude look at the place intensively. He hold Athanasia by the hand and slowly walk towards the secret passage.

"Do you know this Daddy?" Athanasia asked.

"No. It's my first time knowing this." Claude answered.

It took them fifteen minutes to reach the end of the passage where a door is waiting for them. It's a simple door made out of oak tree, carving of unique patterns and a simple words carved at the middle.

"To my beloved, Venus." Athanasia read the carved.

"Venus? Who's she? Is she the ancestors wife or something?" Athanasia asked her father.

Claude shrug.

"No one in our family had a wife named Venus." He said.

"Then who is she?"

Athanasia is really curious, it's like something is pulling her inside.

"Let's get in if we want to find out."

Claude push the door open. A loud creak echoed because of it.

The two entered as soon as they opened the door. Compare to the outside which is dark and full of webs, the room is neat as if it's always getting cleaned by someone. It was like a normal room, a bed for two, a long couch and another two single couches, a coffee table. At the other side is two shelves filled with books, a table with a letter. And in the middle of the room, a portrait covered in a white cloth is placed.

Athanasia is so curious that she walk toward the portrait and lift the cloth revealing the portrait of a beautiful lady in white and blue gown, beside him is the Emperor's father.

"Who is... She?" Claude asked himself.

He too, is curious about her. Why is his father smiling so bright at the portrait while hugging the lady from the back. Her hair is as white as snow, and her eyes are dyed in nature green hue. She's smiling elegantly like a very respectable noble.

"To my Everything and my beloved for eternity, Venus - Ambrose." was what written under the portrait.

Athanasia is too busy staring at the portrait as she didn't notice that her father is already at the table, holding the letter on his hand.

He opened it and look at the message.

---

Imperial Year XXX

To my Venus,

How are you, my dear? I miss you so much. I know I can't say I love you after leaving you without notice. I know it's my fault. But please understand, my father, the emperor wants me to marry someone. And I can't even tell him that I have someone in my heart already. He will definitely find you.