Teaser

Description

Zhang Ming ended up getting transmigrated after getting hit by a truck.

...that's so cliché—

In all other worlds, that would probably be a good thing. Second life, second chances and all.

Sadly, his transmigration story isn't at all like the ones he likes to read about.

There are no golden thighs to cling to, there was no face-slapping or revenge, there was no OP system he can use to his will.

The only thing he has was an average storyline without any grievances or glory, a world system who won't let him OOC, a cliché and horribly-written novel world, and Second Male Lead who just won't follow the storyline—

Wait, a Second Male Lead who won't follow the storyline? (¬_¬)

Yes, a Second Male Lead who won't follow the storyline.

- - -

Prologue

Zhang Ming was just an average normal highschooler.

He didn't have a bad childhood, but he didn't have anything interesting about it either. He never suffered any grievances and never had any special childhood memory or experience.

He didn't have a big family, but he wasn't an orphan either. He didn't go through abuse and wasn't spoiled in any ways.

He wasn't an especially smart student who got multiple achievements throughout his education, but he never lagged behind and failed classes or got detentions. His grades were never outstanding at all, his class ranking lingered in the middle all year round.

Probably the only out-of-norm detail about him was that he was a closeted gay guy. Literally nobody knew about his sexuality.

But other than that, absolutely nothing was interesting about him.

So he really doesn't know how it came to be that he was chosen to transmigrate into the world of a novel.

...On second thought, maybe he does know.

The novel he's been transmigrated into wasn't really popular or well-written. He only knew about it because he overheard a classmate of his excitedly talking about it to her friend.

But it turns out she actually had such awful tastes ( ̄^ ̄)

The novel was filled with cliché scenarios and dialogue. The Male Lead wasn't anything special, and the rest of the characters were bland and barely had any personality. And even the Second Male Lead barely had any relevance to the plot and was only used to help the Female Lead out whenever the Male Lead couldn't come save her.

At least the Female Lead had a somewhat alright personality and bearing. She wasn't annoying, delusional, or too overpowered, she just didn't have much luck and ended up being written into horrible cliché scenarios.

Hmm, maybe she was a little dumber not to notice how cliché the things she says are—

The character he transmigrated into didn't have any impact on the plot. His only appearance was asking a question to their teacher about the Sports Festival. His name wasn't even mentioned anywhere! His only description was this:

-

Her quiet and unassuming classmate piped up from behind her, "Do we all have to participate in competitions?"

-

And that was about it.

(Why did he finish reading it when the book was so bad, you might ask? Well, he still wanted to see how the only sane— *cough* competent character of the book, the Female Lead, would fare at the very end.)

An average and unassuming person, was transmigrated into a character with the same importance and relevance.

Yeah, he can now definitely see how he would end up transmigrating into this kind of character _(:3 」∠)_

This author has something to say:
Hello everyone! It's me again!
I have another teaser to share with you guys!

I've been working on a couple of different projects and I've been trying to see which would be more well-liked before I start publishing them officially!
One of them is "Caught in a Crosffire" (Check it out in my profile!), another is continuing an abandoned translated novel, and the last one is this: Background Character D.

This story will follow our MC, Zhang Ming, who has transmigrated into a novel where he's surrounded by horribly written characters and a more horribly written plot.
However, the problem is he can't act out of character (OOC) or the System of the novel's Female Lead will find out about him.
He isn't an actor however, never had any experiences even, so no matter how much his acting would fool every other characters... the true feelings showing in his eyes couldn't escape the novel's Second Male Lead.

This story is still a work-in-progress however, so I might change details here and there. But I'll be sticking with the basic plotline.
If you found this interesting, please gives this a comment and vote!
~Lille Ally Sato