I Won't Ask You To - Erik lehnsherr

(Set Before Apocalypse and after DOFP)

(They/Them)
(Romantic)

~

Erik was your boyfriend. I say was because he had broken up with you, why? You still don't know, all he had said was,

"I am sorry my dear, but I am afraid we must go our separate ways." Very and I mean very calmly. Then he had walked off without another word. You hadn't seen him since.

That was until he had stumbled his way into your apartment bleeding from head to toe, almost passing out on your floor.

~

The door had opened.
You were confused, You had locked it. Right? You walked down stairs, fire at your finger tips, slightly afraid.

"No," he started coughing "Need..." he said in a raspy voice, clearly tired.

"Erik... What the hell?" you asked more concerned then angry.

"I-..." he started but clearly he couldn't finish because it was taking all of his strength not collapse right there.

"fuck..." you whispered. You walked over to him to both, help him stand, and to sit him down on your couch. You sat him down. You rested your hand on his cheek, looking him in the eyes trying to figure out what had happened.

His tired eyes looked sadly back at your heartbroken ones. He would only be this vulnerable with you, and only you.

"Erik, if you die on me..." you started but he had cut you off by resting his shaky hand on your face, thumb lightly hovering over lips.

"I won't...." he whispered.

You got up to grab a wet rag, bandages, and a needle & thread just incase. You came back and sat back on the floor trying to figure out where to start. You decide to start with is stomach because it looked the most damaged. It had been a little while and you were (hopefully) almost finished stitching he back up, before he started to fall asleep.

"Erik," your hand went to his chin making him look at you "You can't sleep yet hun, I'm sorry, I know its hard but please stay awake for me..." you said afraid he won't wake back up.
"please..." you whispered teary eyed.

He opened his eyes (cleary very tired) and looked into your watery ones.
"Anything for you..." you finally got out, just above a whisper.

You sat on the ledge of the couch next to his waist, and started to clean the now dried blood off his head. He stared out you while you did so, smiling slightly.

"...what?" you asked matching his smile.

"...I missed you... So much." he said teary eyed.

Your smile faded. "Then why'd you leave..."

He sat up slightly, groaning in the process. "...I didn't want to hurt you..." he raspy.

You rolled your eyes and sighed, continuing to clean his head. "Look where it got you." you said slightly angry. "Where would you have gone if I had denied you." you asked sternly and hummed. "You know where? Dead." you were now pissed.
"I shouldn't even be helping you!" you grabbed his face angrily, pulling it up towards you

His breathe hitched, from both shock and slight pain.

You looked down at him. Angry that he left you. Angry he had the audacity to come back almost dead. Angry that you knew he was going to do it again.

"know you have forgiven mean for my past and for that I am greatful," he paused breathless, "I did not ask you, and I won't ask you to now," he had to pause again, "But I do, with all that I am, love you, Y/N."

"Truthfully?"

"...I would never, and had never, lied to you..." he had to whisper now. "...Except for when I left..." he had to pause, "...It broke me inside... In a way I didn't know I could be broken..."

"...You're going to do it again..." you replied sadly.

"No," he said "Not again... Never again..."

"Erik, I simply can't believe that!" you let go of his face, letting his head lightly fall back on the couch arm.

"I won't ask you to..." he said calmly but teary eyed.

You got up to get him pain killers and water. When you came back he was almost asleep again.

"Erik," you sat back down "take these first please, and change into clean clothes...." you said with a sad tone in your voice. "You left some of yours here..."

He sat up so he could take the pain killers. You could see in his eyes ut hurt him to drink water.

"At least change your pants..." you said as you looked into his eyes, faces inches away. "Please...?"

"Okay..." he sighed starting to get up. You helped him up, and walked him to your bedroom. He sat down on your bed. You looked through your dresser, then throwing a pair of clean pants at him. "Ow..." he chuckled.

You left the room so he could change. Once he said you could you came back in. He was leaning on the dresser waiting for you to help back to the couch.

You grabbed his hand interlacing your fingers with his, "Stay..." he nodded and you led him to your bed. You helped him sit down so he wouldn't hurt himself.

"....This bed is to soft for you not to join me..." he smiled softly. You jokingly glared at him. He laughed softly, "Come here." he said whilst opening his arms.

"fine..." you grumbled and walked over to the other side of the bed to lay next to him. He turned to look at you.
"Don't start! if I lay on top of you'll be in even more pain!"

He couldn't have cared less. He pulled you slightly on top of him. Your hand resting on his chest. Your head on his shoulder. One of his arms wrapping around your waist, the other rested on hand that was currently on is chest.

"Any amount of pain is worth being able to hold you, My love." he half whispered whilst kissing your forehead. "Goodnight, and when you wake, I'll be here. There is no need to worry."

"We'll see, Erik..." you said doubtful.

The truth is when you did wake, that morning, he was there, and the next, and the next, for years on end and for many years to come.

~