XXVII

N'laisah Dior Olsen
Monroe, Louisiana

"Long time no see." Shauna's older sister sits across from me at the investigation table.

I didn't know Shayna was a cop. If she knows I killed her sister, I'm fucked.

"So.... I'm going to ask you a few questions, aight?"

"Would you like a glass of water or sumn to eat?" She says sweetly.

"Fuck you." I say politely with a smile.

"You gon be fucking every inmate in the prison you going to. They love pretty faces." She smiles back.

I frown cuz it's not funny anymore 🚶🏾‍♀️

"Let's just get these damn questions over wit." I sigh.

...

"I've never used that gun in intent to harm another person, your honor." I tell the judge.

Can't believe Amari's gun is evidence in my trial, ts sum bullshit.

"My client has no DNA on this weapon. The bullets used to kill Mr. Odell Croquet were also not found in this gun. The only crime my client is guilty of is having possession of an unregistered weapon."

...

"And she said and I QUOTE 'Fuck all you fat greedy bitches! I'mma kill all you hoes soon as I get out and turn myself right the fuck back in!' your honor, she threatened multiple officers." Mrs. Piggy whined.

I make eye contact with Dee and make that face. She busts out laughing and a security guard comes and shushes her. She bucks at him and tries to square up so they escort her out.

"I have a question for you Mrs. Pauler." My lawyer asks the pig.

"Yes?"

"Was Ms. Olsen read her Miranda Rights prior to her arrest?" He asks and everyone goes silent.

Ooooo get them Mr. Lawyer!

"Well- no." She says quietly.

"But that's because when we were arresting her she said 'Imma have my n-words shoot up y'all's mammy's houses! My .44 make sure all yo kids don't grow! Fuck 12 bitch!' and that she would 'Bust a cap' in my ass for the shit I pulled with the brownies" She reads off a long notepad.

I looked at Amari and he was staring off in space.

He prolly debating whether or not I'm getting out or not

This lil lawyer Amari and Dee found me doing his thang tho!

"Mrs. Pauler, I understand the threats you were faced with, however- without you reading her her Miranda's Rights, anything she said cannot be used against her in court." Judge explained.