002 | 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒚

two:
lovely
by billie eilish

"shit, shit, shit."

yeah, mayhaps stupid park jisung forgot about the test they have today and is now panicking as he does his morning routine but with a piece of paper in hand containing the notes chenle copied for him.

oh it was his (un)lucky day alright, he was enthralled by a certain goalkeeper he woke up late today and even forgot to review about the upcoming test which explains his situation right now.

however, sarcasm aside, he knew his grade will be fucked and he will be homeless anytime soon — exaggerating but at the same time it's possible.

shoving a sandwich his mother made presumably for snacks, jisung yelled a quick good bye and earned a muffled sermon from his mom (since he skipped breakfast), hopping onto his bike while messily finishing the snack.

it was a quick ride from his house to the school, maybe around five minutes, though his legs hurt because he isn't used to riding the bike. jisung hopped off and made sure to lock it in the pole before rushing out.

he was thankful he made it before the gates close — however, he knew his professor wouldn't be happy seeing him running a little late just because of a petty reason. opening his bag, the male scrambled his hands inside to get his notes, moments later did he realize he left it somewhere at home.

"i'm so fucked."

"glad you know."

the tall male jumped on his place, hand placing against his chest and the other gripping on his locker door for dear life. "chenle— how many times will i tell you to not scare me!?"

the chinese male squinted his eyes, taking a notebook from jisung's locker and rolling it before smacking it on the younger's head. "and that's why coffee isn't for you."

"oh my god," jisung rolled his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose, knowing there isn't much time to argue at this time in the morning. "what are we doing here, anyway? aren't we running... late?"

"haven't you seen the announcment? goodness." chenle rolled his eyes yet again and threw the notebook inside the locker, to which jisung took and placed it inside his bag. "professor lee's out, test moved next week. he said it's a family matter, so it's understandable."

basically... i rushed for nothing?

"yes you did." no, jisung didn't subconsciously say it out loud — it's just chenle knowing the younger so much that he knows what he's thinking.

the two sat in silence as jisung felt his adrenaline falter, slowly taking a few more notbooks as the older leaned his frame on the lockers beside jisung's. "by the way, there's a game on friday. sicheng sunbae wanted us to come."

"eh?" jisung raised a brow. the captain? specifically wanted them, the nobodies, to come to the game? "isn't that a bit... odd?"

the chinese shrugged. "i have no idea. he approached me all of a sudden a little while ago, then asked if you and i can come."

"huh? isn't the game open to everyone?"

"apparently, the other school directly invited us to play privately because they were training their students in the ice hockey category? i don't exactly know the reason."

to say that both jisung and chenle was baffled and surprised was an understatement. they weren't showing it on the outside, but they were exploding on the inside — just because the captain asked them to come personally.

captain sicheng isn't one to talk to other students, let alone invite people he didn't know to a private game, so getting an offer like this is next level fortune.

"...so this friday?"

"this friday."

"stop blushing, lele."

"i-i'm not!"

"you asked captain si to invite him?"

"what? it was the only way." hyunjin shrugged like it wasn't a big deal.

spoiler alert, it is. for jeno, at least.

he knew jeno would like to meet him, like to be friends or so in the most normal way, but not meeting him in a private game with the other school. and the guts to ask captain sicheng to invite him? jeno would believe hyunjin saved a whole ass country in his past life for the captain to agree.

"how did you even get to persuade captain?" jeno asked, leaning on the goal as the captain announced their break a few minutes ago.

"simple. observation." hyunjin snapped his fingers and lifted the corner of his lips in a sly smirk. "if i notice one being so mysterious and quiet, i always observe them from afar you know? i may or may not know that you're hiding a big secret from everyone."

"you're scary."

"i know."

"but seriously, how? aside from observation, that is." jeno asked yet again. he was really curious. he couldn't even talk casually with their captain, let alone ask a huge favor.

"i'll just say a name, that's it." hyunjin shrugged for the nth time. he was like gretchen wieners who knows everything about everyone but keeps it to himself and himself only — unless you ask him.

"then tell me the name of the guy you saw that called me hot."

"damn, are you really that impatient? friday's just around the corner, you know."

this motherfucker—, jeno heaved, composing himself from snapping. he's genuinely curious and with hyunjin messing with him like this is pissing him off.

a few seconds passed and they heard their coach whistle along with the other members going back in the ice rink to continue with the practice. jeno can only position himself in between the goal and he watched hyunjin skate away — only to turn around to face him again.

"park jisung. that's his name."

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───