Legacy

Charlie Gives a smile. And while his body felt like it was slowly melting to nothingness, he still reached over and embraced the person he had called his Boss. 

"Slime! Get on the sand slime! Get on the sand!" Quackity shouts at him as Charlie's arms wrap around his neck. He doesn't stop him, quote the contrary. He  rushes to hold him close, desperate for all this to be all a bad dream. That this isn't happening to his-! 

To his-

"Thank you for showing me what it's like to be human." Charlie says in a defeated voice. Completely giving up. 

"NO! GET ON THE SAND SLIME!" He doesn't let go and do as Quackity says. Instead he just tightens his grip to the best that he can. 

Half of his body had melted off, the melted slime smearing down Quackity. Said man felt tears run down his cheeks. He hadn't cried for a while now. 

He doesn't know what he's feeling. If he's feeling anger, or saddness, or is it all just panic? 

What he does knows if that he's s-

Charlie starts to talk.

"Maybe I almost-"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Quackity wakes up with a gasp. His bed felt too soft and there was a glass of water and an advil on the bed side table with a note that says:

You better have a good explanation as to why your drinking again.

-Fundy.

Fucking-

So he got drunk again? Huh. Hope he was already passed out when the kid found him, don't wanna bring back bad memories for him.

"Ugh" He groans, before bolting upright and regretting it almost immediately.Pain pounding across his forehead, while nausea and dizziness swims around his whole body.The want to vomit is there, but he can ignore it for now. 

For now he has a slime to look for.

"It was all a dream" He tries to reassure himself while putting a hand to his pounding forehead. 

He takes the advil and downs in with the water.

Legacy

Legacy

Legacy

His mind repeats.

He tells it to kindly fuck off.

He finds Charlie on the balcony, leaning on the railing while looking upwards towards the stars. The ever present smile on his face small and yet filled an awe Quackity will never grow old too. A decent sized red colored telescope to his right with small green stickers of Little slimeblocks stocked to it, as well as a small tag on its front saying "For Slime".

It's been quite a while since he's been able to see the stars, Slime once said that while he was a- well, a slime, everything was tinted green. He couldn't see everything as clear as he does now. Quackity buys him a telescope to help him see the stars better.

He doesn't mention it to slime. Not even when Charlie rushed towards him with a hug that while felt awkward at first, was the first one he'd had in a while.

"Hey slime!" He calls out, feeling the familiar feeling of tears building up on his eyes when Charlie turns to look at him with that smile. The awe-filled look on his face never faltering and instead increasing ten-fold. 

That was his s-

"Hey Boss!" Charlie calls back with his signature smile. The glasses on his face slowly sliding down his nose before Slime tool note of it and quickly pushes it back up.

Quackity doesn't know what to say. So he doesn't say anything and instead walked over to Slime's side and extended an arm to wrap around his shoulder.

"How are you doing my man?" Less of a question, more of a way to comfort him. Whiter 'him' is Quackity himself or Slime, remains to be unseen.

Slime looks a little taken back by the arm around his shoulder and the unexpected question, but he quickly recovers and wraps one of his own arms around Big G's shoulder. 

His smile widens a bit more as he answers.

"I'm been doing fine! Just looking at the balls of gas from thousands of light-years away!" Quackity blinked. Right. Okay. Before asking hesitantly "You mean the stars?" 

"That's what I said!" Charlie replies with a grin. 

Quackity doesn't think he'll ever get used to Slime's craziness. 

Instead of replying, he reaches a hand out and ruffles the young boy's head. His mind replaying how the same boy's hair had started to fall apart along with his body while the burning lava burn- NOPE! He's not gonna think about that! 

It was all just a dream! A horrible nightmare that he will joyfully ignore.

Quackity smiles as he felt Slime lean toward the hand. Heart feeling warm as his so- associate! Associate reaches over to do the same thing.

He always does this, copying whatever Quackity does. So much so that Big Q had to result to hiding whenever he drinks or smokes, so that the kid doesn't copy doing those activities. 

Quackity doesn't know what he'll do to himself if he does.

He felt a sudden weight to his side, and looks over to see Slime leaning towards him. Eyes half close, and the smile on his face lax and yet still filled with an innocence Big Q wishes wouldn't ever go away.

He wishes there wouldn't be another smile of innocence to disappear on this Gods damed server.

Quackity let's him lean on him. Quietly maneuvers the both of the them to sit on a bench nearby where they can still see the stars. 

"Stars are beautiful" Slime says, finally leaning on Q fully. The arm still around Quackity's shoulder growing lax as his eyes slowly close. 

"Me too" Alexis replies, pulling the young Slime close to him. Letting him lay his head on his shoulder.

Anyone who saw down right now would've seen the determined look on Alex's face. Would've seen his soft smile. 

I won't let anything happen to you

Quackity from Las Nevadas promises. Pulling his Son closer and letting his guard down for the night.

Legacy

Legacy

Legacy

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

What is a Legacy? 

It's planting seeds in a garden you never get to see.

Quackity however, is determined for Slime to see this garden. 

For his Son to see the garden he helped make.

Wilbur wrote the beginnings of a song someone will song for him. A song his son finished for him.

Quackity however, sowed seeds with his Son, and together they will see it become a garden.

Even if it's the last thing Alexis does.