17

after the long soft kiss between us, we both pulled away gasping for air. satoru looks at me with a blush on his face but a look of worry still overcome the blush and the fact that we just kissed a minute ago.

as for me, i finally feels alive and safe again in his arm. and though earlier event does worry me, the fact that i just abruptly kiss him can't be ignore. im so gonna got teased about it for my whole life.

i bury my face in his chest, hearing his heartbeat which i expected to be calm but instead is beating very fast.

"satoru...im sorry" i apologized, which i don't know the reason of it. is it because i almost die or is it the kiss...is it for worrying him or for even doing this in the first place?

"you..really should be sorry. you really worried me you know? and then waking up crying, suddenly kissing me...it's our first kiss too.." he whisper the last part but i hear it loud and clear.

"what do you mean?" i ask, voice barely audible.

"what i mean is, though we're officially engaged i want to officially ask you out and kiss you out of love..the arranged marriage is just an excuse..i've liked you for a long time already you know, you dummy?" he softly say as he kiss my head.

"but..you are never serious and you have so many side chick and like, you said at first that we're both just cousin and bestfriend. that it's weird for us to actually have a love relationship..and when we talked about marriage we always talk as if we're just gonna get married and then divorced the few years after" i unconciously pout.

"ehh..that one, i..first of all, i play around to distract myself from my feelings for you..and im afraid that you'll never see as more than cousin and friend. and, i say that we will just go with the flow right..it's just me, hiding the fact that im gonna add my confession as the flow of our relationship. if that makes sense" he shyly say as he awkwardly put his hand on the back of his neck.

"ah.."

"ehem, can i check on sayuri now?" shoko's voice echoed through the room as me and satoru turn to look at her, embarrassed.

"since when..." i mumble hoping she doesn't hear me but as always, she hear me.

"since you guys kiss" she bluntly say. my faces turn red and satoru's face is not much difference from me. i stay silent as i stand up from satoru's lap and walk to shoko.

she checks on me as me and satoru still stay silent, not even looking at each other.

"well im sorry i interrupt your cute little moment but i needed to do what i need to. anyway, you're fine sayuri. i don't know what cause the bruise on your neck but it's not serious. your curse energy was drained as hell so you'll need to take at least a week or two rest. and with rest, i mean it as rest like don't move around too much, no training..you can watch the student tho but don't overwork yourself. mission is an absolute no" she sharply look at me, almost glaring.

"yes.. ma'am" i gulp.

"satoru...take care of her, DON'T encourage her to do anything she's not supposed to" she glared at the said man who only nod like a child.

"and we're gonna talk about your mission just now, tomorrow or the day after. now...tell me

what's going on with you two?" she ask with a smirk on her face.

"are you sure he's the one, sayuri? you know you deserve better than him. and like, he's a manwhor--" shoko add before satoru cut her off with a huff.

"hey, don't question my loyalty to yuri-chan okay?! it's true i play around too much but i will never hurt her... she's too precious for me..." he say softly.

i melt at the instant he said the last sentence. like, who wouldn't?!

satoru is the definition of the perfect man. the man of every woman's dream. if only, he didn't fool around too much.

but, with me..i know he's serious and i trust him. looking back at our relationship, he have never hurt me. he always protect me and he care about me deeply.

he'll leave whoever he's with or whatever he's doing, just for me. he'll come and help me, comfort me or whatever it is that i need it.

"whoa, calm down satoru. im just teasing you. even tho you're such a...you know, manwhorr and manchild and all that. i know just how serious you are when it comes to sayuri. it has always been like that since i first know you guys" she chuckled softly.

that's right, back then...even though we can fight by ourselves, satoru and suguru always protect us.

they called themselves the strongest duo when me and shoko literally exist, duh.

ahh... i miss him.
the good old time..

i let out a soft chuckle as i look at my two most precious person in life.

that's right...there used to be three of them. but he's gone. and there's nothing i could do. he's gone and that's all.