Cut chapter.

a/n: This was orginally supposed to happen in the 'sharing isn't caring' chap, but then I was like: Yes. Actually? No.

I slowly brought my head down underneath his chin and nestled it , my head leaning against his bare chest.

His chest goes in and out, and I can hear his heartbeat like a steady downpour. It goes badum, badum, badum, quickly and without fail each time.

My tail thumps against the floor in unison with each beat, then I sigh and stand back up to full height.

Henry doesn't deserve this. He doesn't deserve to deal with all my mental shit and breakdowns.

I sigh again, resting my forehead against his. I'm tired, so damn tired, but that is no excuse to be a douche to poor Henry.

Grimacing, I begin to speak. "This isn't good."

Henry chuckles, clearly optimistic to the end. "

"No. This isn't healthy, this whole, you and me thing." I explained, tracing the scars on his chest with a singular claw.

The human's face falls. ""

Grabbing his shoulders, I look right at him. "Henny, ya did nothing wrong, which is just why this isn't going to work. A sweet submissive human like ya, and an impulsive idiot with mental shit like me? We just aren't good for each other."

I feel disgusting, but I know that I'm doing the right thing- No, not the right thing, but the responsible one. "Maybe we.. should take a break..?"

The last part comes out like a question, because I sure as hell know I don't want to do this.

I don't want to stop seeing Henry, or kissing him, or touching him, or flirting with him- but I want to stop scaring him, and threatening him, and being mad at him.

Henry's face goes blank when I say this, and I instantly regret it. "It's not going to be a permanent separation, just until I can get myself under control.."

He nods, and his eyes are all shiny. I find myself also wanting to scream in frustration, but there's no point, this is for the best.

"Ugh, sorry, I'm just- a little overwhelmed right now. " He sniffles, and I cup his face in my hands, wiping his tears away with a single claw. "Eh, I don't mind."

He rests his head into my hands, closing his eyes. ".."

I frown at the man's sudden fatigue, and how he did the thing again where it's like there's a totally different Henry in front of me all of a sudden.

"Hey, I'm not leaving ya all alone, we'll fix this together a'ight?" I coo, rubbing his cheek with my thumb.

He brings his hands up, holding my hands against his face. "I just don't know what to do, I'm an idiot."

A low growl settles in my throat and Henry flinches, glancing up at me. "Hey."

"Y-yeah?" He mumbles, a nervous edge to his voice.

"Don't ya dare talk to yourself like that, you're doing your goddamn best." I growl.

Henry's face turns a light red. "T-thanks."

I start planting soft kisses all over his face and neck, before abruptly stopping myself. "..I guess being on pause will be harder than I thought.."

"Well, we could say we're not on break yet.." He laughs weakly, seeming to enjoy the attention.

I grin. "I like your thinking! Now we gotta do the most romantic shit ever, so we're hung over for the next month or so."