Vol. 1 Ch. 1

As i stood there in a broken city, wondering what was happening, a voice called out behind me. "Hello, Percine. Isn't it nice to see you here." I turned around and saw The Shadow One, a pure black figure. he has been trying to get me for years now. "No, it isn't. Why do you keep coming here? I'm not going with you." I say with anger in my voice. Why? Why does he want his artifact so bad? "Look, I'm only here to say that i want Gilfis. Do you know where he is?" What? How dare you! "I will never tell you where he is!" I can't with him. My anger is rising. I ... I hate yo‐ Huh, i woke up?

Ugh, that felt horrible. Why does he keep appearing in my dreams? I need to tell Master about this before he finds us. Speaking of which, where is Master?

I look over to see a letter on the table it reads. "I'm sorry for leaving on such short notice, but I'll be gone for a couple of weeks. Keep training and get stronger. "-Gilfis," That's weird he never leaves. Where did he go, and why say get stronger? I've been trying for years, and yet i still don't have an artifact.

A couple of minutes after sitting, i went to the city market and saw a guy praying at the entrance. What is he praying to? Those "gods" are false. I'll just ask "Hey why are you doing that?" He stands up and turns towards me. "And you are?" He asked with not confusion but anger. "I am Percine, and that is all you need to know. Now answer my question." He took a step back and lowered his shoulders. He spoke again but less angry. "I'm a child of the church, Bishop says to pray every day so the gods will choose you one day." Choose? Wait .. gods ... GOD'S What "God's" they are not ... hold on. "What, gods, are you talking about." My anger is becoming uncontrollable he better answer with something good. "I'm talking about the "false" gods. The ones controlled by the 5 families."

who? i don't know them. why does he? "Who?" He looked confused, almost like i was dumb. "They are the government, watchers of the world, and makers of freedom." So they are liars, They are trash! Meant to burn in the blood sea! "Look, i need to go. good luck and happy wishes. " No, wait, i'm confused, and why can't i speak? Am i too angry at him? oh wait, why do i care so much?