14

Vote ♡︎

Alanna's POV

Alanna's POV

"You're never home anymore Alanna! And I know you with a boy running these streets cause I met up with Mya's mom today and she said Mya wasn't even with you that day!" I couldn't even completely get through the door yet. "W-What?"

"Don't what me! You lied to me the other day Alanna, and I will not let that slide because our trust is something important that I thought we were strong about and my only assumption is that you were with a boy!" I couldn't speak. I wasn't used to my mom yelling at me, especially over a boy. She took a deep breath and looked at me. Yeah, she's overreacting.

"I don't even want to know where you were the other day, I just want you to know you have to regain my trust before I let you go anywhere else." Arguing with her was pointless. I just walked up to my room and sat on my bed. I understood my mom's feelings. I told her basically everything and she caught me lying to her about where I was.

Before I could let a tear fall, my phone rang. I was expecting it to be Mya to drill me about earlier but instead, it was Trey. I answered, fast, and there he was in his slightly darkened room with the only thing lightening it the TV. "You got in safe princess?"

A crooked smile appeared on my face as I finally let a tear out. It wasn't the fact that I couldn't leave the house anymore that hurt me, it was the fact that I knew I couldn't see Trey outside of school. "Are you crying? Who do I need to beat the fuck up?" I sighed. "My mom found out I made Mya lie for me the other day. It hurts cause she trusted me and now I can't go anywhere besides school"

"Bruh, do I need to come over to comfort you. You did the same to me" I shook my head "No, she doesn't know you, and now is not the right time for you to meet her even if we are just friends." I felt bad telling him all of this just because I didn't want him to worry about me, but I still knew he would.

"She doesn't need to know, you can't sneak me in? I want to make sure everything's fine, I don't want you to sleep with all of that on your mind. Princess, I got you, you know that ." I gave in as always, around him the word no wasn't in my vocabulary. I'd sneak him through my window. I'd go through all that trouble for him.

"If you want to come then hurry up"

__________

"You know you didn't have to come right?" We were sitting on my bed trying our absolute best to not make noise. Why was he here? I don't know "I'm aware. I'm here because I want to be" he pulled me closer to his side and the all-so-familiar butterflies erupted in my stomach.

"Where's your mom?" he said before laying his head on my shoulder. It felt so good that he was comfortable around me now. "Downstairs sleeping on the couch. She doesn't usually come up here so don't be loud or anything cause she will. You of all people shouldn't be re right now"

"Watchu mean me of all people?" I chuckled at his tone "My mom automatically assumed that the reason I lied to her was that I was with a boy, so yes my mom would lose her shit if she found out you're here"

"Don't worry about that." we sat there in quiet for probably 5 minutes before Treys hand found mine. "I can tell you're stressed. Stop it" I rolled my eyes "It's whatever I don't care about my mom right now"

"Lay down and find a movie, I brought some snacks" I smiled and grabbed my remote. That right there meant a lot to me. "What snacks you got-" and before I could finish my sentence, Treys phone began to ring. He sucked his teeth and answered it"

"Thought I told you to stop calling my shit" The phone was on speaker and I saw Illiana's name on his screen. He wanted me to hear this "I-Its my only time to call someone while I'm here and I always choose to call you. You should be happy" I did feel bad for her being at the mental hospital but since she wasn't here, Treys attention seemed to be on me.

"Ana I don't know what more you want from me, I told you I'm tired of this on and off shit"

"Treylynd I know our relationships tough but its just you-"

"Ain't shit about me, you're just too mentally ill for me to handle"

"You made me this way! I was fine before I met you Treylynd-" Then he hung up and rolled his eyes. Before I could even process what just happened I heard a knock at my door. Fucking hell.

"Alanna who's that in your room?" my fucking mom. My excuses were limited and Trey was right next to me. he got up and I could tell he was about to leave through my window.

He leaned over to my ear. "Goodnight princess, see you tomorrow" He whispered with a small kiss to my cheek before leaving with his backpack. My heart wanted to flutter but I didn't have time for that because right outside of my locked room door was my mom wondering who was in here.

The minute he left I just did what would make my consequences less and opened the door. My mom immediately came in and began looking around. "Where's the boy? I know he is here cause I'm not stupid and I definitely heard a boy in here"

"Mom there's no boy my tv was on, look around all you want"

"I smell cologne in here Alanna, god help you if you had a boy in here" I sighed and plopped on my bed, tears began to well up in my mom's eyes. Overreacting, its never that serious. "If you want a boy around let me meet him. You must not want me to meet him because he's not good Alanna. I've been a teenager before I know how this shit goes"

"He's just a friend it's not that serious"

"It is serious if you're sneaking him around! I don't like him already because a good guy wouldn't be sneaking around and in my house with my daughter without me knowing" She has no room to talk about a 'good guy' when my dad isn't even here right now. If she knew anything about a 'good guy' I wouldn't be fatherless.

Trey is a good guy.

"If you knew anything about a good guy my dad would be here right now. Get out I'm going to sleep" I didn't care about my dad leaving that was never a problem for me but I could tell I hurt her feelings and at the moment I didn't care. I was defending Trey at an unhealthy level but at the time I didn't know it.

"Don't do that shit again Alanna, figure out you and that guy and do it quick"
__________

"Sorry, Alanna I didn't mean to make shit between you and your mom worse I just wanted to chill with you and make you feel better" I smiled and cuddled into my blankets more "It's fine, she's just overreacting cause she's never seen me around a boy before.

He exhaled the blunt and blew the smoke in the camera "Don't blow your smoke at me nigga" I chuckled "Shut up you know you want some of this gas"

He was right, I missed the feeling of being high with him. "I'm going to go to sleep now so I could get up tomorrow" I picked up my phone getting ready to hang up "No we sleeping on the phone together, you ain't going nowhere" I smiled and put it back down on my nightstand.

"Now sleep good princess"