FORTY THREE

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

After a week or so I had made a full recovery from my seven day coma, Kassian was trying his hardest not to swarm me at every given moment

After a week or so I had made a full recovery from my seven day coma, Kassian was trying his hardest not to swarm me at every given moment. Waiting on me hand and foot like I had somehow broken every bone in my body and I couldn't do a single thing for myself, but today I ordered that he went for a run with Mace and Alfie. He was long overdue some guy time, especially after being glued to my side this week.

Kassian was reluctant but I told him that he needed to go, it would give him some time to miss me. I think he was worried that if he left he'd somehow never see me again but we both knew that wasn't the case, Pandora was dead and I no longer had any other enemies. That I know of.

With Kassian out it gave me a chance to have some alone time, after the informal coronation and becoming the pack's Luna, things had become hectic. Allowing myself to take a soak in the bath, even watch some TV and make myself something delicious for lunch. I needed to self pamper, I could no longer stand Kassian doing every little thing for me. As nice as it was, I needed to do things for myself. Be independent.

The doors to the library swing open and Hope steps inside. "Hey," she greets me warmly.

"Hey," I respond as I shut the book between my hands. "What's up?"

"Your dad, Diamond and Ludo are here to see you," she tells me as she pulls her jumper over her knuckles.

My eyebrows raise, I had been so distracted I didn't even sense their appearance. "Oh thank you Hope." I say as I stand from the table.

"I've let them in, they're just in the kitchen," she says as I walk past her.

"Thanks," I nod before walking up the stairs and straight to the pantry.

I push my way into the kitchen, my fathers eyes finding mine instantly. "Cleo," he breathes out with a firm smile.

"Hi dad," I say as the door shuts behind me.

He takes two large steps forward and engulfs my body into a big hug, he releases a sigh of relief as he clutches me tightly. "Oh Cleo, I'm so pleased that you're okay. You had us all so worried."

My arms wrap around his back, resting my head onto his shoulder. "I'm sorry I didn't call sooner," I mumble.

My father shakes his head. "Don't worry about that," he reassures me. "All we wanted is for you to be better, curse free. How are you feeling?"

I pull away from his hold and nod. "Much better," I say with a smile.

My eyes gravitate to Diamond who was standing behind him. I take a step forward as she opens up her arms and we share an embrace. "It's so good to see you, Cleo," she says into my ear. "You did an amazing job taking down Pandora, you must be so proud of yourself and who you have become."