Making Amends

It was a rainy day. Vania had turned up at the base of the group EDEN, hoping to negotiate with them and get them to join their cause.

After being let in, he was greeted by the members of EDEN.

"So. What brings you here?" The leader of the group, Try This, asked.

"Well, I'm here on behalf of the RainbowDragonEyes." Vania responded.

The reactions were... mixed, to say the least.

"And what are you here for, exactly?" Try This enquired sternly.

"Well, as you may know, the previous leader of our group got arrested. I'm filling in for him. With Puritech out of the way, our group has a new goal: to find the experiments that Puritech created, and to protect Paradise from harm." Vania replied.

"And...?"

"I'm here to make an alliance. Now, I know we have a bit of a rivalry going on, but I'm sure we can form a truce and-"

"Tch. Nonsense. Why would we want to help you?"

"Ah-"
Vania didn't have a response to that.

"Of course. You've done nothing but fuck us over." Try This went back to drinking his tea.

"Right. There's been some irreparable damage here." Vania considered his next words carefully. Then a thought came to him.

"May I ask, what is your motive? Maybe we've misunderstood you."

"...How curious. You've never wanted to listen to us."

Try This cleared his throat.

"Well, we started as a group of poor corrupted shapes just trying to get by. I taught them how to steal things. We started targeting the rich snobs over in Capital Paradise, and we ended up managing. Of course, we still have to ration food and supplies, as we have to be careful when doing our heists."

"...I see. Maybe we have been wrong about you." Vania was a bit surprised, but understood quickly.

"Of course, that isn't the main reason we clash. We have something you want." Try This continued.

"Hm? What is that?" Vania asked.

"Hm. They haven't told you. Tell me, have you heard of the crystal that caused corruption?"

"Ah, I think I have! I know that it was stolen from a poorly guarded museum and never seen again."

"Indeed. We have that crystal. I'm not telling you where, but we've been guarding it for years. You have been trying to get your dirty hands on it. We haven't let you, because, as you may have guessed by recent events, things could go terribly wrong if it were to fall into the wrong hands. Such as yours."

"Ooooooh. Well, I'm sure if I get this information to the others, they'll stop what they were doing to you and focus on bigger things."

"I will admit, you seem like a good leader. You've been very understanding. I'm sure that they'll listen to you. Now, it's getting late, you best be on your way."

"Oh! I just noticed the time, thank you!"
Vania gets up and exits the base.

A few days later...

Vania had returned to the base of EDEN, this time with some supplies for them so they don't have to steal as much.

"Oh, it's a surprise to see you back here." Try This said.

"Well, after hearing how you guys weren't so well off, I decided to come by every week or so and get you guys some supplies." Vania replied.

Try was shocked. "...You'd... do that? For a group that opposes you?"

"Of course! I know what it's like to suffer under poverty, and now that I have access to the money to help others, I might as well use it!"

Try This didn't know what to say. He took the supplies, and thanked Vania profusely.

And that was the start of an unbreakable friendship.