the first year

big manga spoilers! beware!

Warm.

His entire being was unbearably warm, the perpetual feeling of hiraeth that had dwelled inside him for the better part of his life finally mitigated. His eyes were cemented together, the reason why unbeknownst to him.

Gojo'd allow it. All he wanted to do was sleep for a million years, finally quench his insatiable urge for rest.

But he knew he couldn't.

Megumi impaling him with the lost shard of the Inverted Spear of Heaven was fresh in his mind, his face converging and blurring with that of his father's - he could no longer distinguish who was who in his memories.

He tried moving his muscles, urging himself to get the hell up. He had to track down Kenjaku and give him a good thrashing, then kill Yuji who had lost to Sukuna the moment he'd ingested the twentieth finger, and then he'd have to-

"Oh, you're awake?" A woman's mellifluous voice cooed.

Fingers brushed against his hair, felicity flooding through his being at the caress. He unconsciously leaned into the hand petting him, hungering for more. A rumble weaseled its way out of his throat, the sound thrumming, making his whole form pulse with life.

At long last, he opened his eyes, his surroundings blurred, muted.

"I'm so glad! You slept through the whole vet appointment, so I thought you'd never wake up." she said, warm hands wrapping around his body and setting him down on her lap.

He let out an angry meow. Appreciate it, but not the time! I just nearly died for the second time in my life! Unbelievable!

Gojo froze.

Meow?

He blindly jumped out of the woman's thighs and picked up speed, only to land flat on his face, limbs giving way and collapsing in on him.

What?

His line of sight was completely askew. He looked around, soaking in the sights around him, trying to make sense of just where he was, and whether or not he'd been saved or captured by a foe. No longer did he see nothing but blobs of cursed energy making up the matter that structured the world around him, meaning he was most definitely not in a safe place.

How had he been stripped of his Six Eyes? The only way that formerly impossible situation could have occurred was if someone restrained him and gouged his eyes out. He, obviously, still had a pair of eyes, so that was out of the question.

Thankfully, he could still feel the hearth of Limitless burning within him, the faint flames licking at the dying embers of his soul.

He still had his cursed technique. Awesome!

But how the hell was he supposed to use Limitless without Six Eyes? How could he save Megumi, Yuji, Yuta, every- was that Utahime?

Gojo blankly stared up at her, watching as her hands scooped down, bringing him to her chest, both figures engaging in a deep staring contest.