The Best Heroes Smile

Please check out my old account. The writing was when I was 9 so read at your own risk! Pjo, hp, and irondad fanfics! Perseus_Peter_Potter.

The Fanfic was my take on Bakugou's pov during the battle of Kamino. A school project about a hero in 1,000 words! 

Please check out my account, like, and follow! 

Bakugou POV

Bakugou stared at the screen in horror. All Might had taken hit after hit after hit and the sight of so much blood made him want to puke. It was the comforting presence of Deku right next to his shoulder that kept him upright. He wanted to laugh, in a sick, twisted way. Wasn't that funny? The person he had tormented most of his life, the kid he told to jump off a roof so he could be worth something in another life, had saved him. Bakugou felt pathetic.

The screen was mocking him, guilt twisting its way into his lungs, pulling and pulling. Bakugou stared in horror, praying and praying for All Might to win. He was never a religious person, but to whoever was out there he prayed, to whatever forces that lay there so that they may just take pity on Katsuki, and if not on him, then the world. On All Might. After everything All Might had done, the world wasn't that cruel, right?

He watched the hit, knowing it was coming. All Might would avoid it, right? But All Might was quickly losing power and Bakugou watched sickly as the punch hit it's target. The screen was filled with smoke, and he could hear the crowd cheering All Might's name. He found himself joining it, desperation filling his voice. The smoke cleared and Bakugou almost fell. It was a skeleton. A thin, pale, sickly figure standing right where All Might had been standing. True form. All for One had called it his "true form". How? How could he be All Might, the hero he had grown up admiring, the hero whom he swore would surpass. Not like this! Not like this - he needed to get up. Bakugou needed him to get up. Japan needed him to get up. The crowd was tense.

Bakugou watched as part of All Might's other form returned in his arm, how he gathered enough muscle to punch All for one. He watched the terrible fight, One for All's lead stretched by a landslide.

The last punch. The last punch had decided it all. All Might had won. All Might had won. Bakguou could feel tears running down his face, and he desperately tried to wipe them away. Then All Might had faced towards the camera and had simply said, "Now, it's your turn,"

Deku had started sobbing over his shoulder and then Bakugou knew. Realization hit him and he felt sick, and this time he had fallen to his knees and puked. It burned like acid on his tongue. It all made sense. How quirkless Deku had gotten ahead of him. How some kid he used to bully and chase, he was now chasing from behind. How? How? Bakugou couldn't breathe. He watched All Might collapse and the ambulance come and everything was too overwhelming. It was his fault, it was his fault, it was his fault. He had pretty much killed All Might. Even if he recovered, he wouldn't be the same. He wouldn't be able to be a hero.

It was his fault. It was always his fault. If he hadn't been kidnapped, All Might wouldn't have come. If he hadn't always acted like such a villain that the League would think he would actually become one, none of this would have happened. All Might had died over him. Pathetic, sad, him. And then stupid, stupid, Deku was in front of him once again, his hand offering to help him up. Bakugou was back at the river again, as a five year old Deku held out to him to help him up. Always looking down at him. Quirkless Deku looking down on him. Now, All Might's successor is once again looking down at him.

"Why?" He croaked miserably.

"Kacchan?" Deku asked, concerned. Bakugou shakily sood up and shoved Deku. "WHY?" He roared, and he could feel the hot tears making their way down his face. He didn't even bother wiping them down.

"Ka-" Deku said once again, cut off by someone bumping into him. He pulled Bakugou into the crowd and stood in front of him. "Why what?" He asked with the same look of pity that Bakugou hated. The same look of pity that had been haunting him for years.

"Why did I end up chasing the back of someone always behind me?" He asked. "How did a quirkless loser like yourself end up as All Might's successor?"

"I-" Izuku started but once again cut off.

"Why was I the end of All Might?" Bakugou said heartbrokenly, his voice no louder than a whisper but somehow clear to Deku's ears.

"Kacchan," Deku said hesitantly and for once in his life he didn't know what to do. The fearless Kacchan he had grown up with, the one who had bullied him, yet the one who Izuku had always looked up to.

They stared into each other's eyes. "I hate it," Bakuguo once again whispered. "That stupid look on your face. I don't need your damn pity!" He yelled, banging his fists into Izuku's chest hopelessly. Deku grabbed his hands tightly. Bakugou looked at him.

"I don't pity you," Izuku whispered. "I just care,"

Even through their difficult relationship, even through all those years of friends to enemies, Izuku knew that maybe one day they may be friends again. That hope is something he had held onto for a long time and looking into Bakugou's eyes he knew they had just gotten closer.

"Let's become the best heroes. Together," Izuku whispered softly, and they both shared a small smile, because even in this doom, even in this hopeless loss, there was still hope. Smile. That's what All Might would have wanted.