chapter 1 (aka pilot)

word count: 3416 words

I didn't really know Eleanor Daley

I didn't really know Eleanor Daley. No one did. I obviously knew her boyfriend, Nate Jacobs.

Unlike most of East Highland's female population, I didnt exactly see him as a god.

More like the dick who tried to finger me at a dance.

But his girlfriend, Eleanor, seemed so unlike him it was odd to see them together. I knew her brother, Ethan, 'cause he was around Fezco's store sometimes.

But Eleanor was never with him, probably too busy fawning over Nate.

I didn't hate her or any stupid high school shit like that, she seemed perfectly nice. But anyone who was close to Nate- fuck, anyone who associates with him wasn't always my cup of tea.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"God, Eleanor, just shut the fuck up," Nate groaned, his grip on her waist tightening. She blinked twice, before apologizing swiftly. The quicker the apology, the smaller the punishment.

"I'm sorry, I just got excited," she said softly, looking up at him through her lashes. "It won't happen again."

Nate looked down at her, then tucked her blond hair behind her ear before leaning down to whisper in it.

"I know it won't," he said, and she smiled up at him again. Removing his grasp from her waist, he grabbed her hand. "We're setting up at McKay's today," he told her, and Eleanor frowned slightly.

"I, um, don't know if I can come," she said guiltily, and he let out a sigh of annoyance.

"What else is more important than this party? Its the last fucking weekend before school," Nate replied, before standing up from the table they were sitting.

Eleanor and Nate were at a local park, where Nate had met his friends to play a quick round of football while she watched.

"I just- never mind. I'll be there, " she said, tapping her fingers anxiously as she thought of how to apologize to her brother who had wanted to eat dinner with her. "I'll pick you up," he said, then pulled her in.

"Yeah," she responded, and kissed him delicately on the cheek before pulling away to walk off. "I love you," Nate called after her, and she smiled.

"Love you too!" she called, watching him walk away as his friends joined him. Despite what everyone said, Eleanor truly did love Nate. She loved being loved, regardless of anything else.