Protect them

It had been a while since Kiyotaka had ridden a motorbike. And he... he kinda missed it, actually.

Mondo was right all this time. Feeling the wind on your face (with a safety helmet, mind you) and his (their) coat flapping in the wind, the roaring of the engines and the gang behind him, his second family at this point... God had he missed it.

He had been so busy with all the catching up he had to do after all these years that he had little to no time to spend with the Crazy Diamonds. It was his time, finally, to start his career in politics and Taka was without a doubt ecstatic to do so. Everyone in his family, both of them actually, supported him and his father couldn't be more proud.

But still...

There was something that he still craved, and it was the feeling of freeness that the gang gave him. He was still respecting the law and driving safely because what kind of example could he be then? But again, the wind in his face was... comforting and he knew that with these people he was safe. Only a few Diamonds joined them that night, the ones who were in the gang from the start and some younger new ones, who found Taka's clashing personality with the gang amusing and somehow reliable.

They rode for roughly two hours, which felt like less time, and stopped at a park that at this point had turned into a stopping place for the gang joyrides. While they were at it the guys started filling Taka out with what had been happening all the time he was away from the Crazy Diamond's business. There were a few new gangs of kids pretty much harmless but one of them, the Flaming Tigers, was quickly getting alarmingly big.

Since Mondos... "disappearance" a lot of gangs started attempting to confront them to try and take them down, which was a stupid thing to do, since the Crazy Diamonds were still the biggest gang in all Japan, and all of them where as proud as the Owada brothers to let some amateur gang one up them. Both Mondo and Daiya had given them somewhere to belong and with Michi (who was already seen as the third Owada) as the new leader, and Taka as an important and powerful member of the group, the Crazy Diamonds were still standing proud and as powerful as ever.

Mondo and Daiya couldn't be prouder, and boy did he kew. Still, Takemichi and Kiyotaka were the only ones who knew the truth of Mondo's demise, so they could preserve the image of the former leader, just in case.

Taka remembers vaguely how members of rival gangs attempted to pointlessly confront him many times, only to get their asses handed to them by Kiyondo, who beated them without batting an eye. That had helped with the Crazy Diamonds's reputation, although in his opinion it wasn't one of his proudest moments, with all the unnecessary roughness he used to do it. But hey, if it was for the gang's benefit then who was he to complain...right?

The raven haired man was in the middle of filling them up with how he was doing since he left when, in the distance, the roaring of more motorbikes could be heard gradually becoming louder as a rival gang approached.

When they arrived, in the dim light, a man with a slightly bigger hairdo Mondo used to wear and a golden red tokko-fuku stepped off his bike.

"Well shit, looks like we invoked th' devil" Takemichi said quietly and full if sarcasm "These are the fuckers we were tellin' you 'bout earlier, the Flamin' Tigers" Michi explained to the raven haired man.

"Yamasaki, It's been a while since we last saw ya. Say, what's bringing you to our turf? Last time I checked, we kicked yer asses 'way from here..."

Wordlessly, Takemichi and Kiyotaka stepped up front as the mentioned walked closer, side by side, black, white and gold gently fluttering in the night breeze.