𝐈𝐈𝐈

episode 3, season 1
— acafellas

"i wanna
sex u up"

"five, six, seven, eight. step and step. step and step. and turn it around. down and up. and hit, hit down hit." mr.schuester instructed as the members of the new directions followed along. it was going well and everyone seemed pleased with the steps, well that was everyone except rachel berry. "can we stop, please?" she said which made everyone stop dancing. mr.schue turned to face the girl, "you don't have to ask me every time for permission to go to the bathroom, rachel. you can just go." he said about to turn around to continue his dance. "it's not my bladder. it's the choreography." she said in her usual 'matter-of-factly' tone. valerie noticed rachel looking over to santana and quinn, and she sure didn't miss the smirks they give the brunette. "weird." val thought to herself. "okay, what's wrong with the choreography?" mr.schuester questioned. "it sucks." rachel retorted. "we can't compete with vocal adrenaline with these steps. you're a great vocal coach mr.schue, but you're not a a trained choreographer. that's what we need to be the best. we need dakota stanley." to valerie, it seemed as if santana and quinn were the ones behind rachel's sudden outburst. well to be clear, coach sylvester was.

after rehearsal, valerie had caught rachel walking down the outside hall, and to better understand what happened earlier she ran to catch up with the brunette. "you know, you probably hurt mr.schue's feelings." she said causing the opposing girl to slightly jump. rachel rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "what do you care?" she bit back. "oh no, i don't care. i just want to know why?" valerie said as they walked straight ahead, val giving someone a mean mug for bumping into her. "you were in the room, correct? this change will help better our performances." rachel firmly stated causing the raven haired girl to roll her eyes. "you do realize that without two more members we won't be able to perform at all?" what? she'd done her research. rachel stopped walking and stepped in front of valerie and their bodies collided, the shorter of the two taking a step back. "im sure it won't be hard to find two members willing to sway and waltz around me as i sing." valerie tilted her head to the side, "you know for someone of your nature, you sure do have an extremely huge and unbearable ego." she said. rachel narrowed her eyes looking up at valerie. "what are you trying to imply by saying 'someone of your nature'?" rachel questioned crossing her arms over more. "i mean, someone so..." val began to trail off looking rachel up and down, "you know what never mind. the point is, i know quinn and santana said something to you. all you have to do is tell me what it was." valerie continued, and that was when rachel started walking again. for someone with such a small body she sure as hell walked fast. "you're mistaken, they don't speak to me." she said clearly lying. "is rachel berry lying to me? wow, i am just so hurt." val said in a sarcastic tone, she could hear the scowl rachel gave her. "im not lying, i have no reason to lie. and why are you still speaking to me?" valerie shrugged, "you should be lucky im talking to you. and how do you explain the looks you were exchanging with them then?" they started to head downstairs and inside of the school building. "not feeling quite lucky at the moment." rachel mumbled, "and you know it's not any of your business as to what was said to me." she continued. "so you admit they said something to you?" valerie said with a smirk. rachel stopped once again and turned to val. "why are you bugging me about this? if you want to know so badly you could just go ask your sister you know." valerie didn't know why she was questioning rachel when she knew if she asked santana she would simply tell her, maybe she used this as an opportunity to talk to the berry girl more. but why? why does she want to talk to rachel so badly.

"are you sleeping with my sister and quinn!?" she whisper-shouted knowing it wasn't true, rachel probably wasn't even gay, val just wanted the attention off herself. a shocked look graze's rachels face, "what? don't be ridiculous!" rachel responded. "although i am of sapphic decent, i would never sleep with anyone who has treated me poorly. quinn and santana at that." she said before walking again, emphasizing the 'and'. it took a few seconds to click, but valerie had realized rachel berry just came out to her. "wait you're gay?" val said following behind the short brunette. "i prefer the term bisexual. meaning i am attracted to both males and females." rachel corrected. "and your parents... they're okay with it?" valerie wearily questioned. "well yes, i have two gay dads. i think it would be quite hypocritical if they weren't accepting."  rachel responded. this was very big to valerie, rachel berry had just comfortably and confidently told her about her sexuality, maybe she would start being nicer to the girl. "so like have you officially came out to people, like your friends and all?" rachel shrugged, "i don't have friends to come out too. but im very comfortable with my sexual identity that if someone were to ask, i would straight up state that i am in fact bisexual." valerie nodded as rachel spoke and before either could continue their conversation, the bell had rung and kids started hurrying to their next class. valerie turns to rachel, "well your not so secret, secret, is safe with me. not my place to tell anyone, so i won't." she says with a slight smile. "thank you, i really appreciate it." rachel said looking down with a smile on her face. "see, im not a complete heartless monster." valerie says with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. rachel looked up at her, "never thought you were." she stated before walking away down the hall, val watching her as she walks away.