Be Safe

Words: 3.3k+

Type: Fluff

Summary: Bruce is worried about you walking home.

Warnings: No spoilers (unless you count his outfit as a spoiler). Height difference. Fem!Reader. Walking home at night, being in the subway at night. Mentions of crime in Gotham, being followed, and being scared of drunk men. Mentions of a knife and, well, Bruce being batman.

 Mentions of a knife and, well, Bruce being batman

You're stubborn. Bruce has, very much, noted that. No matter how many times he asks you to not leave your job so late at night, you still do it. He understands why since you've explained it to him. You like your job and sometimes it really doesn't hurt to work extra hours. Yet, what you don't seem to understand, is what risks you take by walking home the way you do.

Gotham is not a nice city at any time of day. But at night especially? That's when crime skyrockets. You don't have a car, so you take the subway and make the rest of the way home by foot. And Bruce absolutely hates it.

He has asked (or, better, begged) to get someone to drop you off at work and take you home, but you have refused both of those offers because you actually like walking home. Nothing has ever happened to you and you have lived in Gotham all your life. And you're also not stupid, you know how to take the safest routes home... the ones with the most light and people, that is. But that still doesn't make Bruce feel at ease.

You know of his 'night antics' and you know, by the many times he has told you, that he can't be looking out for you when you walk home. He needs to be around the city, doing his bat duties - as you like to call them - as he does every night. To which you answered that it is totally okay since you have made this walk home years before you even started dating him in the first place.

You know he's worried and you love him more for it, but you really couldn't care less of the dangers you could face. You live in a nice area - the best a middle-class individual can buy in Gotham - and crime is very much a good few streets away. It would make no sense for all that danger to just move over to your side of the city.

That is the only thing that makes Bruce somewhat calm when you two have this sort of conversation. You two have only started dating two years ago, meaning that you've had to make this walk home every day for many years before he ever came along into your life.

You know that if you ever text him around the time you know you're going to stay at work late, no matter at what hours you leave the building, a very expensive car will be parked at the front, with a driver half asleep and ready to be at your service.

That one time got your coworkers talking for weeks and you hated every bit of it. You like to keep your relationship with Bruce a secret to the people you're not very acquainted with, for obvious reasons that come with his name, and having a whatever luxury car and a driver to come to pick you up, does, obviously, make people talk.