『 Chapter 14: Discovered 』

✵ ✵ ✵

"...leaving." Hiccup said, "We're leaving." Hiccup and you walked through the cove, he was wearing his harness and holding a sack of fish on his back, "Let's pack up. Looks like you and me are taking a little vacation... forever." He turned towards you, "You can come with us if you want. But please don't feel pressured, I would love to have you along but I wouldn't want to keep you from your life here."

"Thank you Hiccup. I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Maybe if your dad had liste-" You were cut off by the sound of metal being sharpened by a rock.  Hiccup jumped back almost tripping.

"Ah! What the...?" He stuttered, looking around as he spotted Astrid in front of him, "What are you doing here?"

Astrid looked at her ax closely, holding it up to the light, "I want to know what's going on." She hopped off the rock and backed him down, spinning her ax threateningly. Hiccup's eyes darted around nervously, in search of Toothless. He locked eyes with you and sent a look as if to say keep them away. You began taking a step back when Astrid pointed at you, "Don't you move (Y/N), I know you are a part of this." She shook her head turning back towards Hiccup, "No one just gets as good as you do. Especially you. Start talking! Are you training with (Y/N)?" Hiccup stuttered as he walked backward followed by Astrid. She stopped, "Have you been training him?" You could see the disappointment on her face, she used to trust you and now she thought that her best friend was training her enemy.

Hiccup shook his head, "T-training?"

"It better not involve this!" As she grabbed him by the harness and slightly lifted him off the ground.

"I know this looks really bad, but you see...this is, uh..." The three of you heard a rustle coming from the other side of the cove. Astrid dropped Hiccup to the ground and set off to investigate. She grabbed the back of his harness and pushed him to the ground, "You're right! You're right. I'm through with the lies. I've been making... outfits. So you got me. It's time everyone knew. Drag me back. Go ahead. Here we go." He put her hand back on his harness, trying to get her to 'drag him back.' Astrid bent Hiccup's hand backward, driving him down, "OW, why would you do that!?" Astrid turned, and she looked as if she spotted something.

You tried to distract her, "Astrid just leave it alone, okay? I'll explain everything to you later!"

Hiccup sent you a look that said 'What are you doing?' You rolled your eyes as if he could handle it.

Astrid kicked him back down to the ground, "That's for the lies." She then dropped her ax onto his stomach, "And that's- for everything else." You heard a roar from the other side of the cove, you glanced up and saw Toothless and Rainsong staring over at the group of you.

"Awe man." You said, now the secret was out. Hiccup stood up to tried to ease the tension but was tackled by Astrid.

"Get down!" She yelled. You looked down at the two of them before Astrid looked up at you gesturing for you to get down. You heard Toothless roar from behind you and stepped aside, the dragon ran towards Astrid. She stood up and readied her ax, prepared to swing. Hiccup grabbed her ax and pushed her out of the way before pushing the ax away. He put his hands up between Astrid and Toothless. You heard a quiet thumping behind you and turned your head to see Rainsong standing behind you. She plopped her head down on your shoulder as the two of you watched the scene play out.

"No! It's okay! It's okay." Hiccup tried to reassure Toothless, "She's a friend." You heard Rainsong let out a snort, one that sounded very displeased, she didn't like Astrid. Toothless calmed down and looked at Astrid skeptically, "You scared him." Hiccup said and Toothless tried to push his way past.

Astrid looked shocked, "I scared him?!" She paused, looking at the dragon, "Who is "him"?"

Hiccup looked at the dragon and then back at Astrid, "Astrid, Toothless. Toothless, Astrid. And that's Rainsong." He gestured over to the Silver Phantom who let out another snort. Toothless responded by letting out a growl revealing all his teeth.

Astrid shook her head before running in the opposite direction.

"Dah, da, duh. We're dead." Hiccup said before hearing Toothless walk off, "Woah, woah, woah, where do you think you're going?" You and Rainsong shared a look before you hopped onto her back, "What? What are you doing?"

You rolled your eyes, "I'm gonna go catch her and try and convince her not to tell all our secrets to your father so he doesn't ban us from the village or worse." You made a cut-throat gesture and pointed to the dragons. Hiccup let out a sigh before following Toothless.

"Fine."

✵ ✵ ✵

You looked down into the forest and spotted Astrid running among the trees. As soon as the blonde hopped off a log You and Rainsong dove down and grabbed Astrid in Rainsong's talons, "Oh great Odin's ghost, this is it!" Astrid screamed as you dropped her onto a tree branch and Hiccup and Toothless landed on the tree leaning the whole thing over while you and Rainsong hovered in the air. The tree bowed and creaked under their weight as Astrid dangled a hundred feet in the air, "Hiccup! Get me down from here!"

"You have to give us a chance to explain." You called, hoping that she would try and listen. You watched as Hiccup held his hand down towards her.

She shook her head, trying to get closer to the trunk of the tree, "I am not listening to anything you have to say!"

"Then I won't speak. Just let me show you." He said, reaching out for her, "Please Astrid." The blonde girl contemplated for a moment before pulling herself up. She stepped out on the branch and reached out towards Toothless. She eyed him and the dragon, then the ground far, far below. After a moment, she swatted Hiccup's outstretched hand away and reluctantly climbed over the pedal, lines, and harness. She settled behind Hiccup, avoiding as much contact as possible.

"Now get me down." She said, sending a nervous glance over at you. You sent her a reassuring smile.

Hiccup reached forward and lightly patted Toothless on the head, "Toothless, down. Gently."

You heard Rainsong let out a snort and watched Toothless leer mischievously. He spread his wings slowly. With a whop, they fill with the updraft. Toothless released the tree, tucked in his legs and hovered in place.

"See? Nothing to be afraid of." Hiccup said, Rainsong and Toothless shared a quick look before the black dragon lifted off the tree and shot up in the air, you and Rainsong following closely behind.

✵ ✵ ✵