𝐬 𝐢 𝐱: 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝚆𝙰𝚈𝚂

╰┈ [PART WAYS]

┏━━━ ━━━┓
Spoilers: Season 1 Episode 3
[Minor Changes]
House of Cards by BTS playing...
II
┗━━━ ━━━┛

"KARUBE..." You call out softly while you tend to Karube's new injury on the side, right above his leg - this was caused by the previous game you left Chishiya. You tend to Karube by putting some medicine then giving him some painkillers and wrapping his side up with a proper bandage you got from the infirmary of the mall just a while back, making sure you secured this tightly around his waist.

Karube hums and gives you a pat on the head, "Don't worry, I'm alright. You're doing good." He responds and you assume that was his response to the numerous and repeated apologies you mutter under your nose whenever you hear him wince.

But this time you're not sure if it will be like that any longer when you finally tell him that you're leaving in the fear of facing the hearts games. Since you left Chishiya, not only did Chishiya make its way back to your unlocked memories, disturbing your process of thoughts but so did the hearts game. Both couldn't stop your head from winding up.

You sigh and look up to meet his tired eyes, "That's not what I'm about to say..."

Karube hums and looks at you, confusion flashing in his eyes for a second before shifting into a more comfortable position for his now bandaged side. "Hm?" He hums in question as his hand makes its way to the top of your head so it can massage your scalp from thinking,

Since you left Chishiya, you've never been so quiet and Arisu had to tell Karube that you met the man you came back for - it seemed like the talk wasn't so good. So here Karube was, aiding you to comfort.

"About what that man said a while ago... Nitobe" You mention, remembering all the rules that creepy man revealed to you about the Borderland before he died (thankfully) by one of the seekers and it seemed like Karube caught up on who you were talking about after being clueless for a couple of seconds.

"Don't mind him... he had no respect for you at all but... but I know you probably didn't want him to die."

"It's not about that!" You interfere, a little bit agitated from how he can forget one thing that you should probably fear the most. Nitobe has explained it very clearly about it. How can Karube just forget about it? He says he will listen but it seems like he keeps forgetting about it. It frustrates you, only reminding you of the people who pass by you. Karube removed his hand from you quickly as you outburst yet he chose to keep calm,

"What is it?" He asks as his hand is now resting on his injury.

"It's about the games... especially the hearts game."

"We don't know what game we're playing until we enter the building... and so, we won't know if the game is a hearts game or not - And I don't want to betray any of you, I don't want to play the hearts game with any of you, Karube..."

Karube raises a brow, eyeing you a little suspiciously. "So where are you getting at with this? Who really knows? Maybe he could be lying."