040 ; Results

momo covers her mouth as tears starts to fill her eyes, you hum worriedly and hug her leg.

EVERYONE WAS FINALLY BACK AT U.A., AND THE STUDENTS WHO DIDN'T MAKE IT WERE IN A FOUL MOOD.

before the exam had started, mostly everyone was buzzing with excitement, but now the aura of the room was quite depressing, mina, kaminari, sato, and kirishima all looked down compared to their usual bright and lively natures.

reason being ; they all failed the exam.

you look up at them all worriedly.

"everyone.. i'm looking forward.." - mina hiccups - ".. to a bunch of.. awesome stories from the trip!" she cries, you frown.

"just hold on, now" midoriya waves his hands with a bead of sweat rolling down his face, "there could still be some twist to this..!"

"don't say that, midoriya. you're gonna jinx it.. " sero places a hand on his shoulder, you just blink.

"failing our exams means summer school hell instead of training camp in the woods!!" kaminari screams and jabs midoriya in the eye, "and we flunked the practical! the only twist would be if your average scores were less than a monkey's!!"

i shake my head, maybe they were overreacting just a little bit.

"calm down. you're talking too much" sero sighs, "i'm in the same boat, anyway" he points back to mineta, "i got put to sleep and only cleared the test thanks to mineta." - who cups a hand around his ear with a smug face, you roll your eyes.

"so until we know how they're actually grading this thing.." he trails off.

"save your pity! i just want your points!!"

you turn to the door as it's slammed open by aizawa with his usua; blank face, "that's the bell. be seated"

everyone shuffles into their seats.

"morning. about your final exams.. "

the four who failed look down.

"sadly, we had some failures. as such.. you're all going to summer training camp" he grins like a madman, making you look at him in confusion.

you blink.

"what a twist!!" they all cheer in glee.

"everyone cleared the written tests. but in the practical.. kirishima, kaminari, ashido, sato.. and sero all failed."

you fiddle with your fingers while zoning out.

"wait, we're really allowed to go?!"

"i knew it. clearing the practical didn't necessarily mean i passed.." sero hides his face in embarrassment, you hum encouragingly, he smiles slightly.

aizawa clears his throat, "as the villains in this test, we teachers came up with assignments perfectly suited to all of you. ones that would give you chances to devise winning strategies. if we hadn't, none of you would've stood a chance"

you look up at him.

"so when you said you were really going to crush us.."

"that was to push you. we are talking about training camp, after all. more than anyone else, those who failed are in dire need of this. this was another rational deception" he puts on the same smile, you shake your head.

"we've been fooled, again! i'd expect no less from u.a." ida sighs loudly and shoots his hand up, "but..! now that we've been lied to twice, aren't you worried that our faith in you has been shaken?"

you smile slightly.

"perhaps. but consider the facts.. it wasn't entirely a lie. failure is still failure. you five will receive special supplemental lessons." they all freeze, hands still in the air from cheering, before looking down in defeat.

"and to be honest, they'll be far worse than summer school. anyway, i'll be handing out camp manuals. take one and pass it back."

"WELL, WHATEVER THE CASE

"WELL, WHATEVER THE CASE.. IT'S NICE THAT EVERYONE GETS TO GO"

your gaze turns to ojiro, he had a sweet smile on his face and was rubbing the back of his neck.

"an entire week of training camp!"

"this packing list is huge!"

i scan through the list.

"i need night-vision goggles"

your eye twitches and you smak mineta over the head in annoyance, everyone glances for a moment before returning to the list in hand.

you look at your list, you barely had anything on the list.

"i don't even have a bathing suit. there's a ton of stuff i've got to buy"

"oh, i know!" hagakure squeals, everyone turns to her.

"we're off tomorrow and tests are over, so.. how about.. we all go shopping together, class a?"

you smile and hum happily in agreement.

words ; 739