Chapter 1

"Are you all ready for your two weeks away?"

"I'm not so sure about this Lay. I mean I need to work and keep busy" Chanyeol pushes his last few documents across the table that need to be finalized.

"Chanyeol there is keeping busy and there is avoiding what means the world to you"
Chanyeol sits back in his office chair overlooking the city below as he plays with his mobile phone twirling it around in his hands.

"I don't think I can do it"

"Chanyeol, you and your son Kai need it. He needs you more now than ever before you are all he has left in the world"

"I know you don't need to remind me ok" Chanyeol stands up looking out at the city while still feeling so lost of what to do

"Look it's two weeks away to spend time with your son since Luhan died" Lay feels his heart break knowing he hates to bring it up.

"You don't need to remind me of my husband dying ok" Chanyeol huffs hitting the window with the palm of his hand in anger.

His husband Luhan passed away over 2 years ago and he can't seem to move on. He is distant from his son and works all the hours he can, leaving his only son with a sitter.

"I'm sorry but Chanyeol I'm worried, we all are. Now let's get you changed and out of here. Kai is ready to go, his bags are in the car along with yours"

"Where is he?"

"He is sitting with Sehun his sitter in the break room telling everyone and anyone that will listen that he is going on a mini holiday with his dad"

Taking a deep breath Chanyeol walks around his desk and reaches for the bag Lay passes him.

"Change out of the suit and meet us in the break room" Lay leaves the office of his best friend knowing this holiday needs to happen for them both.

"Hi uncle Lay, is daddy ready yet?" A cute little 6 year old Kai asks with a huge smile across his little face.

"Yep he is just changing his clothes and then you will be off on your trip". Lay gets down on his hunkers before Kai as Kai takes his teddy from the chair beside him hugging it tight.

"Well well are we ready?" Chanyeol smiles nervously as he sees his son smiling with a little backpack on his back while hugging a teddy

"I'm ready daddy. I have my teddy brown nose and my backpack with some sweeties that Sehun gave me"

"Oh you will get me into trouble little man" Sehun says before tickling Kai making him laugh

"Oh wow you really are ready shall we head off now little man?" Chanyeol waits as he son hugs his sitter Sehun and his uncle Lay.

" You have a great time and when you get back I wanna hear all about the cool things you got up to with your dad ok"

"Ok uncle Lay I will have lots and lots and lots to tell you won't I dad?" Kai looks up at his father as Chanyeol nervously smiles "of course son now let's get going"

Saying their goodbyes at the car one last time Chanyeol clicks his excited son into his car seat before closing the door

"Thanks for this Lay I really appreciate it" Chanyeol holds his hand out to shake but Lay just grabs him into a hug .

" Go have fun with your son and forget about here we can look after everything" Lay pushes Chanyeol towards the car making the taller take a deep breath before he climbs into the car.

Clicking in his seatbelt and checking his mirrors one last time he starts the car.

"Ok little man ...."