First Time

First Time

Laken waved goodbye to his best friend Sadie after she dropped him off at the mall. Laken had only just turned 16 and was taking Driver's Ed this semester, so wouldn't have his license for another 7 or 8 months. Sadie was almost 17 and had gotten her license last summer, and was such a good friend that Laken often found himself at the receiving end of her generous spirit. He smiled as she drove off and thanked no one in particular for the fact that she just dropped him off and didn't insist on coming in with him. She even refrained from teasing him mercilessly about his first date with Pryce.

Pryce. He took a deep breath to shake away the jitters. Today he was meeting Pryce for the first time since that day, two Saturdays ago, when he met him briefly at one of his own swim meets. That fateful day, Laken had just hopped out of the pool after taking first place in the 400 meter freestyle and swimming his best time ever. It was a bit of a fluke, Laken was a good swimmer, but one of the teams they were swimming against was the biggest collection of excessive testosterone he'd ever seen. Every single swimmer was a beast. He and his teammates were pretty sure that their coach fed them steroid cocktails. So he was surprised when he looked up at the scoreboard and realized he had beaten one of the juiced up boys from West Inglewood High.

Sadie and some of their other friends were screaming from up in the bleachers, but what caught his eye most was a dark hair boy sitting next to his friend Matt. Matt was talking a mile a minute, but the boy next to him was staring at Laken.

Laken felt his face flush as he realized the boy was looking him up and down, he had forgotten he was standing there in his tight black speedo. Matt finally took a breath and looked up, following the boy's line of sight until his eyes landed on his friend.

"Laken! Hey, awesome race."

Laken quickly grabbed his towel, wiping down his face and chest before walking over to his friend Matt. He held the towel strategically in front of him as his skimpy bathing suit left nothing to the imagination.

"Hey Matt," he said, greeting his friend. Laken glanced over at the boy sitting next to Matt, whose eyes hadn't seemed to have left him. It suddenly made him feel even more nervous. The boy looked tall and well built, he could tell even though he was sitting down, with chocolate brown eyes, dark brown wavy hair and a killer smile. Laken couldn't help but think he was the hottest guy he'd seen in a long time, 'way out of my league,' he thought to himself. Laken had never had a particularly high opinion of himself, despite his friends' efforts to make him realize what a catch he was. Sadie teased him that it was a ploy for compliments, but he honestly didn't see what all his friends, and this boy with the chocolate brown eyes, seemed to see.

"Laken, this is Pryce, my best friend from when I went to Mackenzie." Matt had switched schools last year when his parents moved, Mackenzie High was only about a half hour away, but there were no buses that went there from this area and his parents didn't want to drive him every day, so he had to switch schools. Which was good for Laken, because he'd become a really good friend. "Pryce, this is Laken."

"Hi Laken. That was an awesome race, congratulations."

'Gah! Even his voice was sexy!' Laken thought. He blushed again, feeling the heat on his cheeks and was forever grateful he'd picked up his towel and let it hide the front of his bathing suit as a familiar feeling crept through his groin.

"Um...yeah, thanks." Laken mentally slapped his forehead, 'what kind of response was that!'

"LAKEN!!!" He went temporarily deaf as the loud, shrill voice of Sadie echoed through his ears as she flew through the air towards him. He lurched forward at the unexpected launch his crazy friend made onto his back and Pryce quickly stood up and steadied him. The only thing was, Sadie had forgotten that all the swimmers grease up their bodies before a meet. Their coach believed that shaving off all body hair that wasn't covered by their suits and slathering their exposed skin in swimmers oil shaved off a few vital seconds on their time. Therefore his strawberry-blond haired friend soon found herself sliding down his body and landing on her butt with a hard thunk.