𝕊𝕦𝕟𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 ☼

"Dad! Wake up!," Peter shouts as he barges into his parents' room.

"Five more minutes, Pete," Tony tiredly answered. Peter, obviously not pleased by his dad's answer, jumps onto the bed and tackles his parents in hopes of getting his dad to wake up, "Come on dad...you said we would watch the sunrise, just like in 'Lion King' ".

Unfortunately, despite wanting to wake up his father, Pepper was the one who comes out of her slumber. After taking most of the damage from her son's actions, she sits up and takes Peter into her arms, "Now, what are you talking about, little man?"

Peter looked up at his mom and explained how his dad promised that they would watch the sunrise together like how Simba and his dad did in the movie they watched last night. The young boy then turned to Tony and lightly kicked him, "But he won't wake up!"

Pepper giggled at her son's actions, seeing as it had no effect on his father's sleeping figure whatsoever, "Peter, why don't you go wait outside, I'll try to wake up Dad for you," The brown haired boy simply nodded and got off the bed.

Watching as her son walked back out into the living room and proceeded to play with his toys, Pepper turned her attention to her sleeping husband and lightly shook him awake, "Tony, wake up, Peter is waiting for you."

"Before sunrise, he's your son," Tony replied, still not opening his eyes.

Pepper raised an eyebrow, confused by his statement, "What are you talking about?"

Tony faced Pepper and snuggled closer to her, "I was quoting 'Lion King' ".

Although, amused by her husband's actions she still felt the need to ask what time he put their son to bed, "At around 10:30," Tony answered.

The ginger then asked why he would let their son stay up way past his bedtime, Tony then explained that Peter wanted to stay up and wait for his mom to come home from work, but simply couldn't stay up that long, because he was sleepy and because of Tony's responsible parenting (so he says), he put Peter to bed at 10:30 in the evening. Pepper still wasn't quite happy with the fact Tony let their child stay up late, but she'll have a conversation with Tony about that later since she remembered that Peter was still waiting for Tony to accompany him to watch the sunrise, "Alright, fine but get up already, I believe you've promised our son something."

Tony groaned clearly not wanting to leave the comfort of his lover's embrace and their bed, "But I'm too sleepy, can't you do it, Pep?"

"No, because I just got home three hours ago," Pepper stated while playing with Tony's messy hair, "I did all that 'boring paperwork' that you put off the whole week."

"So?," Tony asked in a joking manner. Pepper, clearly not amused by her husband's answer, raised an eyebrow and gave him somewhat of a threatening look.

The billionaire's eyes grew a little wide out of fear, getting the hint that Pepper didn't find his joke funny, "I was just joking, sheesh, you can be so scary sometimes," he said as he gently kissed his wife on the cheek as his 'good morning', and stood up from their bed and walked into the living room where their child was patiently waiting.

"I'm here, Underoos! Let's go watch the sunrise out in the balcony."

As she heard her husband and son go out into the balcony, Pepper laid back down unto their bed trying to go back to sleep. Although, after around 5 minutes of tossing and turning, she still couldn't go back to sleep, despite being tired and only having about three hours of sleep. It's a good thing that she had no meetings in the morning and could come in late, she thought to herself. Since, she couldn't go back to sleep, Pepper figured she'd at least join the chaotic duo, so she got up from the bed and proceeded to the kitchen to make some coffee for her and Tony. While she was waiting for the coffee to brew she looked out into the balcony and saw how her husband was carrying Peter so gently and carefully, it was very endearing to watch them together. She finished making the coffee, poured it into two mugs and headed towards the balcony to join Tony and Peter.

The two turned their heads as they heard the balcony door open, only to be greeted by Pepper holding two coffee mugs all the while sporting a soft, yet sleepy smile.

"Couldn't go back to sleep, huh Pep?," Tony asked with a hint of playfulness in his tone, he mutters a curt 'thank you' as he accepts the mug his wife brought over.

Right before he takes a sip out of his coffee the Tony points out a very tall building with his mug, "Petey, can you see all the way over there? STARK Industries where Mommy and Daddy work."

Peter, nods amazed to be seeing it from their new home. Pepper looks up from her mug, "Yes, we have a good view, dear. Would you like to work there when you grow up?" She asked despite already knowing what the answer to her question would be.

"Yes, I want to build technology for the future like daddy!," Peter in the most cheerful tone, knowing that he's never failed to make it known to his parents what he would very much like to be when he grows older, "and study biochemistry!" the boy exclaimed as he hugged his parents, nearly making Tony spill the coffee he was drinking.

"Sweety, be careful," Pepper gently scolded the boy for his sudden movements. The six-year-old pouted, big doe eyes looking at both of his parents, "I'm sorry."

Pepper caressed his cheek and ruffled his hair while Tony chuckled at his son's adorableness, "It's fine, bambino, don't get too gloomy now, I can see Mr. Sun peeking out!" He lightly nudged his son to signal the sunrise that he was waiting for.

All negative emotions leaving his little body, Peter immediately perked up, once again nearly making the caffeine-filled beverage spill onto the balcony floor, and stared at the rising sun with much awe.

Pepper moved closer to her husband and son as they watched the sunrise on the balcony, watching the once dark sky be painted a light orange hue. Pepper leaned her head on her husband's shoulder and wrapped an arm around his waist, "Good morning, Tony."

"Good morning, Pep."