FORTY FOUR

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Cleo was fully in her element

Cleo was fully in her element. The title of our Luna never looked so good on someone. If I thought she was trying her hardest before, using her abilities and skills to benefit the pack and support them, she definitely was exceeding all expectations now.

Today we did our first training session back after the mission. I gave Cleo the go-ahead to lead the training and do what she wanted, she even managed to get Ripley to tag along after what happened last time with the rogues.

She was tough on them but not tough the way I am, maybe that's why they're performing better than I've ever seen. I know I can be hard on them, force them to push through the pain but maybe they needed guidance instead of endless yelling and Cleo does that perfectly.

Never in my life have I been so fucking turned on.

When the training is over and everyone shifts back into their human forms, I catch glimpses of people's conversations as they walk through the trees and back to the house.

"Training is actually fun now."

"I've never ran that far before, I had no idea you can pace yourself like that."

"We need training sessions with Cleo more often."

I smile to myself as I approach Cleo's wolf, beside her was Ripley. His tiny grey wolf made Cleo look fierce and I didn't need anymore reason to feel pride for her.

You guys coming in?

Cleo's wolf shakes. No. I promised Ripley we'd do one-on-one training to help him get better. He did great today, didn't he?

I glance at Ripley who glances away, clearly embarrassed but I nod. You sure did, kid. You did great. Enjoy your session, don't be too long.

Cleo exhales a long breath through her snout. You can't hurry practice.

Of course. I bow my head. See you in a bit.

I turn from the pair and shift back into my human form, chucking on my clothes and darting straight to the kitchen for some fresh water. Nella and Mace were standing in the kitchen as other pack members make themselves food and hang around.

Raising the glass to my lips to take a large gulp, Nella approaches me, arms folded across her chest with a smug look on her face. "What?" I grumble as I look at her expression.

Mace stops behind her and she glances at him with a smile before she shrugs. "Better look out Kassian," she teases. "Cleo will be coming for your Alpha title next. Half your pack already prefer her."

My eyes roll and I place down the cup onto the side. "Yeah I know and I don't blame them," I say which catches her by surprise. "She's better than I'll ever be, in every sense of the word."